Is it still OK to purchase an HP?

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by Liberty, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liberty

Liberty Scribbler - Standard Member

What are the upsides and downsides to purchasing an HP tablet Pc in light of their announcement?

2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There are none as nothing is 100%.

I wouldn't bother with the entire Probook/Elitebook range though as the fan is the 'always on and annoying' type. Returned one and selling the other (5330m with the i3 is silent)

They will still have to stand by a warranty or the next company will. Either way there's enough choice to sidestep HP at this time if you must purchase a new machine and are worried.

(I went for a Dell Vostro 131 last week as I'm finally SICK of HP and their machines)

3. Liberty

I have been looking at the HP 2760, but I saw the full display of Fujitsus at a conference. The Fujitsu line is very impressive. I should have spent more time. I spent an hour getting introduced to their many Tablet pcs and slates.

The T901 is a 13 inch screen with 20 percent for space. But it is a little heavier.

4. Intricate

Intricate Pen Pal - Newbie

I wouldn't worry too much for the near future when you're thinking of support.
    In my country (Netherlands) I believe a company should give support for at least 7 years after a product has been released.
    Don't know the exact numbers, but with HP's vast customer base they couldn't dare to drop support with a fingersnap when dropping their PC divisions.

5. pgh1969pa

pgh1969pa Scribbler - Standard Member

Warranty will be support by the entity formerly known as HP computers but I wouldn't do it myself. The day they announced their potential withdrawal is the day they were no longer known to me as a manufacturer of computers. This signal of intent let me know that their hearts are not in it any more and any efforts they make will be half-hearted. They will do just enough to off-load the business. Not the kind of place I would want to put my money.

6. Liberty

A lot of inventory is appearing on Ebay. I talked to one of the few remaining computer resellers that deal with tablet pc and he said there was a huge supply of HP tablet pcs in the warehouse.

7. Intricate

Intricate Pen Pal - Newbie

Can't wait for the 2760p to become bargains :p

8. pgh1969pa

pgh1969pa Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll pass. I doubt firmware and driver support will go unaffected. As long as you're happy out the box, it may be a good deal. Trust your gut but mine is telling to handle anything new with the HP logo as plague infested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.