Is is possible to get a refund from ASUS

Discussion in 'Asus' started by YokoKurama, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YokoKurama

YokoKurama Pen Pal - Newbie

aboveliquidice how exactly did you reinstall VISTA without the ASUS preload? Did you buy the cd from the store? After reinstalling do I have to install anything else so I can use the tablet feature or is it an automatic thing?

2. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice Pen Pal - Newbie

You can use the restore DVD that came with your R1 - The instuctions can be found in another thread - but the jist of it is this:

1. Boot from your restore DVD
    2. Follow the instructions / processes - until you get to the point where it asks you to insert your drivers disk
    3. Eject the restore disk - and hold the power switch slider for 5 seconds to force a reboot.
    4. Power the machine back on - and let it boot from the hard drive (no disk installed)
    5. Follow the instructions - and you have installed a fresh copy of Vista
    6. Drivers were difficult - I dont have a list right now - and there are (2) PCI drivers that are not installed right now. But everything works that I need to. Good luck - let me know how it turns out.

~above~

3. YokoKurama

I receive it yesterday and todays its messing up already. The Start button and the calendar keeps on popping up for several minutes! What can I do to solve this ? HELP PLEASE -_-

4. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you need help, you'll need to provide a bit more information as to what's going on with your computer when problems start.

5. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice Pen Pal - Newbie

Relax man - I am unsure how any application can simply open of its own accord - nor the start menu (not button)

- Talk us through what is happening

~above~

6. YokoKurama

7. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

8. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

You can fix the mouse issue simply by changing from laptop mode to tablet mode, its an instant fix. The only bad point is that you need to do this every time it occurs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.