Is is possible to get a refund from ASUS

Discussion in 'Asus' started by YokoKurama, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YokoKurama

YokoKurama Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently purchase a ASUS R1E-B1 from newegg.com and it messed up during the first WEEK. A blue screen keeps on poping up , I have own 6 computers and this has never happened before. When switching the screen back and forth the screen just blinks continuously and then goes to the blue screen. The cursors continously moves to the top left corner and begins making copys of a short cut icon. And finally after the first week the laptop has not turned on. It says "windows cannot innitiate". I called ASUS and wanted a refund , but all they could say is that product is not refundable. Is there any way I can demand a refund from this corparation that sold me a faulty computer and refuse to give me a refund?

PLEASE HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE! I hope I was clear.

2. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Yoko - just a thought - BSOD are usually a bad OS (or bad memory) Why dont you try doing a fresh reload. Also - just hit the screen rotate button when it does the clicking thing.

I heard that reducing your screen brightness will help fix the problem... keep us posted on what develops

~above~

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you're unhappy with it, ask newegg for a refund. I'm not sure why you started with ASUS.

I also would try a restore and see if it helps. If not, get your money back or send it in to Asus to fix it up. Their support is pretty good ( with the exception of the UK )

4. YokoKurama

Newegg insisted that the notebook was not refundable so I sent it in to Asus for repairs. They called me today and asked if I still needed the harddrive because it was no good? How the hell a 1900$ laptop messes up in the first week. I just hope it comes back fully functionally.

5. YokoKurama

Aboveliquice and alphaswift do you guys own a R1E-B1 ? If so can you please tell me how long have you had it and if its reliable at all? And if I just unlucky to get a defective one? THANKS

6. riverstrom

riverstrom Pen Pal - Newbie

I received my Asus R1E-B1 on Tuesday (only 3 days ago), from LaptopAuthority.com (thanks Armen! :) ). No BSODs nor blinking screen. The mouse pointer stuck on upper left corner problem happened once to me, but dissapeared just after pushing down one single step the screen brightness. I stepped up the brightness again and no problem. It seems it's a common problem with all R1 series, but the fix is very simple. In the case you want a power profile running on batteries whith higher brightness level (the two conditions that seems to trigger this issue) just don't select the top level on the profile settings. The difference isn't too much.

7. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Yoko - I do own an R1E - but have only had it for about 3 days. Out of the box - I was really unhappy with the vista preload. The machine ran very sluggish.

One thing I did note - my vista was using 1.41 gb of ram at a steady state. I went ahead and did a fresh reload of vista - without the asus preload - and have noticed a HUGE boost in speed - vista now runs at 1.04 gb or ram usage - and generally operates quicker.

I really think you just got a bad preload (about as bad as they can be) I was a computer tech in the military for 5 years - and I have seen what you have described a few times. Usually a reinstallation of the OS fixes the issue - but several times there was a bad hard drive or ram involved.

Do a reinstallation of Vista - and let us know how it turns out. I am open to helping if you need assistance

~above~

8. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have an R1F that I bought in Oct 2006. My optical drive was DOA. It happens. I had it replaced in 3 days. No big deal.

9. YokoKurama

I called into today and they told me that they are going to send me a new system since my there was something wrong with my harddrive. God , I hope the new system will work fine -_-.As for the customer service they were really quite helpful.

10. coolpda

coolpda Pen Pal - Newbie

hey, my drive died on the 3rd day as well(on an R1E), it was bad since i was in the middle of a lecture and didnt have a chance to back anything up. now waiting for my reseller to bring in a new one. otherwise it was good. just a note-it was a hitachi HDD.. i took it out and it would spin up but then the head just made a weird noise and it died again. -this was connected to my desktop-though it did the same thing in the notebook. hope the replacement doesnt do the same thing..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.