Is Fujitsu T4000 using Hitachi's ABLE HDD drive?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by centaur8, Jun 6, 2005.

1. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

I was wondering, is T4000 using ABLE technology for power saving?

If not, is it possible for me to replace it?

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Power managment features usually require a bios to support them, therefore I am speculating that ABLE technology needs to be set up in the machine by the OEM. Being that Fujitsu manufactures hard drives, I highly doubt you will find any Hitachi used in their own machines. On the bright side, you should be looking at close to 5 hours battery life with the T4000, so I wouldn't be as concerned about additional power savings for the hard disk in this model.

3. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, i never knew fujitsu was a HDD maker. If so, I guess ABLE is out of the question.

4. Barry J. Doyle

Maybe,

But keep in mind, it is all about battery life. Fujitsu is no slouch when it comes to incorporating the best technologies into their products. I am sure that when it comes to power savings, they have whatever it takes in place to assure outstanding battery life in the T4000. Specifically, if you want to get 8+ hours unplugged on this machine, you can add the modular battery, and you will be set.

5. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, you are absolutly right.

BTW, i was wondering, is there any T4000 review you are cooking up? Would be nice to read review made by a trusty and honest source :).

If not, I guess i can write one within next couple months when i get my hands on one.

6. Barry J. Doyle

Hey thanks for trusting us! I have actually got my hands on the T4000 at our local Fry's electronics who are one of the few U.S. retailers that have Fujitsu on hand. Perhaps I could make another little field trip and give you more in depth description of the unit. If it is still out on display when I can get over there, I will post on this.

Also, on Tuesday we will post our full review of the HP TC4200. Be sure to check that one out. It's great to have you as a part of the community Arclite. Also, if you decide on the T4000, we would love to have you write a review. I can give you further details on the format and we of course will throw $50 for your effort as well. ;)

Barry

7. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

That would be great. I'm currently stuck on display concerns.

SXGA for fabulous resolution (and poor toshiba display) or XGA for Hydis (best) display for 180 degree viewing angle?

It is rumored that a new line will replace T4010 models in the month of June. I'm holding out for this rumor.

8. centaur8

centaur8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi arclite,

I've read several of your posts....I've been fence sitting as well in regards to a tablet purchase. I bit the bullet on the T4000 and it should be here in the next day or so. I went with the base model and purchased upgrades (disk, memory, etc) elsewhere.

I nearly went for the SXGA, but was concerned that I would be unhappy with viewing (angle) or needing to squint while in tablet mode (12in. screen). If it were only a laptop, then SXGA would have been my choice without reservation! I'll post my thoughts when it arrives.