Is Clip Studio Pro really 105 GB in size?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by michaelws, Oct 16, 2017.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When I go to the control panel under programs and features I see Clip Studio Paint having a file size of 105 GB plus it seems to retain the older versions at huge sizes also. Is there a glitch with my control panel or is this really that big of a program? I don't remember anything taking an inordinate amount of time downloading like a 105 gigabyte file would take.

I tried to find a more appropriate forum for this but could not. That too is surprising seeing as how many artists claim to really love this program. I have it installed but have not really used it in years.

Thanks for any input on this.

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Clip Studio Paint 1.6.2 shows up as 3.09 GB here. And I do love CSP's brush engine and feature set and install it on every single device I review.

Most of the program's bulk comes from the large number of 3d objects and backgrounds the program installs.

3. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hmmm I wonder why it reads 105 gb in my control panel. life's little mysteries. Thanks SurfaceProArtist.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No way it takes up anywhere near that much space. My poor 64GB/4GB Galaxy Book 10 wouldn't be able to run it if it required so much. Not even Photoshop takes that much space.

I'm not sure why its telling you that.......the only thing I can think of.......its more well known in Photoshop instead of CSP.....but if you open a Photoshop PSD file thats like 100MB.....at the bottom of the interface it tells how large the file is..."in" photoshop. Like that 100MB Saved PSD File can easily equate into a 1GB-2GB as an open Photoshop file. CSP doesn't really tell you this.....but I'd imagine its open/saving process/space size is very similar to photoshop. Now I highly doubt your computer would be able to really run an open 105 GB CSP or Photoshop file......that would be too large to the point of it being unusable and would be very unstable. More likely though.....perhaps it keeping a tally of sorts......of all the CSP files you've ever opened since you installed CSP..... I've opened enough 100MB/1-2GB CSP/PSD files on my desktop.....that cumulatively I could easily place my own at 100+ gigs.

5. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

CSP files are really big, so maybe check your save directory. You might have that much in file save alone.

I really like CSP but this and lack of auto save is its downfall. I've lost countless pieces on my last machine being stubborn on multi day projects.

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

You mean you didn’t find anything useable even in the file backup folder??

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...When I go to the control panel under programs and features I see Clip Studio Paint having a file size of 105 GB...>>

...Memory leak...?!??

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@michaelws If the control panel is misreporting the file size, it might be a sign of another problem on the drive. If you're sure that Clip Studio Paint is the only software that is being displayed incorrectly, you may want to uninstall it, do a drive cleanup and then reinstall CSP. I'd probably run a disk check and clean up in any case.

9. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

If you could kindly share location of the back up folder :)

Seriously, didnt know there was one. If it's there i should be able to recover lost progress!

10. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I'm going by memory: is in your Documents folder -> celsys -> clipstudio paint -> applicationdata. Or something like that.

gobmonster likes this.