Is Asus actually shipping a T7600 R1F?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by leewalk, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leewalk

leewalk Microsoft Guy

My R1F order has been delayed again. Apparently, my reseller doesn't have any R1Fs with a *factory-installed* T7600 in stock. I need at least a T5600 to get Intel VT support, but it seems that all(?) North American suppliers have only R1Fs with the T5500 (no VT support).

Is Asus actually shipping factory-installed T7x00 CPUs in any of its R1Fs to any part of the world? If anyone knows of a company selling them, please point me to them! :) I want to avoid buying a reseller installed T7x00 CPU so I don't void the Asus warrantee.

Thanks, Lee

2. josh

josh Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered a R1F from MilestonePC today and it's suppose to ship on Monday. I ordered a 7200 (2.0ghz) but the T7600 was an option. I've never used MileStonePC but it would appear they have some good regards from people around in the forums. You might want to check them out.

Josh

3. leewalk

leewalk Microsoft Guy

Yes, I looked at MilestonePC but they are shipping you a CPU they installed, voiding the Asus warrantee. Their own warantee might be good enough, but I'd rather keep Asus.

Any other options?
    Thanks! Lee

4. eulacia

eulacia Pen Pal - Newbie

In Europe, Asus is currently shipping version K043E which comes equipped with a T7200, 2 gig ram, 120 gig hd.

5. eshupps

eshupps Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received a brand new T7400 R1F yesterday from AGearNotebooks. There was a backorder on it but from the time my order was placed to the time I received it was only about two weeks or so. The AGearNotebooks team was great - I would definitely recommend ordering from them. Just be advised that you're going to spend quite a bit more for the T7x00 models; my unit, with T7400, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, extra battery and other goodies did about $2800 worth of damage to my wallet. But I love this machine!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@eshupps

If you're in NA, who is providing the warranty?

7. eshupps

eshupps Pen Pal - Newbie

My unit comes with a 2 year warranty from AGearNotebooks plus the worldwide service, which is important as I travel overseas qutie a bit. The until comes with a card that has names and phone numbers for all the service locations around the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.