irritating problem in vista.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by mattj, Feb 18, 2007.

1. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok, now i've tried both 32 n 64 bit vista.

I got rid of 64. its still horrible. Nero, doesn't work n i couldn't even get adobe pdfs to work, among many many other things. (Least of all was that the speed of the system was horifically slow)

So I'm on 32 (x86) and it's great! Just like xp, maybe 10% slower with full aero enabled.

But a problem i've been experiencing on both (and have kinda experienced once b4 in XP) is this keyboard/cursor problem.

Say i'm typing and i'm on paragraph 2, but my cursor is pointing to the middle of paragraph 1. If i type away at my regular speed (fairly fast) then it will occasionally freak out and start typing where the cursor is located (middle of paragraph 1). so all my words get jumbled up into a huge mess.

I think i fixed it previously in xp by just loading a bunch of xp drivers from the cd, but that won't work this time around.

Either way. it's killing me. I've had to write a bunch of emails recently and i gotta re-position the cursor.

could this possibly be the touchpad being ultra sensitive? I've been pretty careful to make sure, even whilst typing fast that i wasn't touching the touchpad, but u never know. I hate the touchpad, so i never use it, but do i need to update the drivers for it?

Also i managed to install the vista wireless drivers (i think) from asus. but i still can't turn wireless on and i don't know where to do so. It's ok for the moment since i'm connected to the network via good old rj45, but i still want wireless.

If anybody can help, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It sounds like you're hitting the touchpad, however lightly. This is one of the reasons I liked my last HP laptop...it has a hardware switch that I could disable it while I was typing away. It's also the reason I disable it and use a mouse.

3. mattj

well then i'm gonna have to install that touchpad driver. cause i can't disable it via function keys at the moment.

okok.. now do u know where to get n how to fix the wireless management console? i've downloaded it from asus twice n couldn't get it to work on x64. so now i'm on x86 (same as u) and can't get the 32 bit version to work.

any ideas?

4. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This was the primary reason I am still on Vista32. I can't understand why they won't release the 64 bit version of the console.

5. mattj

hey alpha. i still can't get my wireless console to work.

i downloaded the vista 32bit version from asus. n have tried both the DPInst32.exe and iProDifX.exe and they install fine, but no wireless console comes up, even after restart.

Am I retarded or something?

The file i downloaded was WLAN_Vista32_64_070126.zip

do i just have the wrong file or what?

I am running 32bit vista and currently feel like an idiot for not figuring this out. :p

6. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

try loading the ATK100 driver before the wireless driver... this seems to control the function keys...
    Good luck,

Pyxus

7. mattj

sweet thanks. i'll give that a go.

oh and i fixed the other problem. without the touchpad driver installed, the touchpad is super sensitive. even the driver installed and touchpad enabled, the machine doesn't freak out. But he's all disabled now! Damn u touchpad! DAMN U ALL TO HELL!!