iPadX - what do you want in the tablet from future

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by siddhartth, Mar 8, 2018.

?

Would you want an inbuilt solution to make ipadpro a Cintiq for your Mac?

1. Yes, i would love the seamless native solution baked into OS

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, i am happy with third party apps, i want to see what astropad 3 can do better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

1. A type cover with TRACKPAD and native support for Bluetooth mouse
    2. Inbuilt (first party) seamless Bluetooth/wifi direct connection between ipadpro and a Mac that lets you use your ipad like a Cintiq for macOS. Yes third party apps do try and kinda achieve that in away. But it's satisfying how earpods just connect with an iPhone seamlessly. And Apple watch connects with both.
    3. Notes app that is on par with Onenote when it comes to features. At present it's barely comparable to Evernote.
    4. Display inspired by iphonex to fit a 10.5" display in a smaller footprint.
    5. Less horrible way of pairing Apple pencil.(we have a seperate thread for Apple pencil2)
    6. Specs in the big ipadX good enough to support playing CiV6 in full HD without los speed of turns
    7. Co-ercing Microsoft to release Age of Empires 4 on Appstore and windows store together

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  2. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

I am certainly in the minority here but I personally don’t want an edge to edge display. I had a dell tablet back in the day that was edge to edge and sure it looked cool, but you would always tap things. I know apple is better at palm and finger rejection, but still. Also I do not want Face ID. I really like the fingerprint sensor and push to get home that the fingerprint sensor gives. Currently with the IPhone X you have to hold it up just to see the time. I don’t want that in my ipad.

I think a trackpad would be cool but personally don’t want it in the apple keyboard because it would take away from the short distance from fingers to screen that the ipad already has with the Smart Keyboard. I would love Bluetooth mouse support though... but I am not holding my breath.

I would like the ability to sync up texts with an android phone. I know this can probably already be done, but having a native solution would be great. I am used to using Pushbullet on my android tablet and PC and wish that same functionality was there in the ipad.

OLED is on my wish list.

I am already satisfied with the ipad pros gaming capabilities but more games that support 120hz would be nice.

That’s all I can think of now. Can’t wait to see what actually happens with the next version of the pro, but still not feeling buyers remorse for buying my 10.5 only a few weeks ago.

WillAdams likes this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, a first-party solution to allow an iPad to work as a display / tablet à la a Cintiq would probably have me buying an iPad Pro and a Mac Mini and setting up the latter as a desktop.

I'd like to see a native option to use an iPhone or an iPod Touch as a second screen / trackpad using the Apple Pencil --- similarly a keyboard which would allow one the _option_ of connecting a trackpad, or one of the afore-mentioned devices to use as a second display / trackpad --- support for the Apple Pencil on an iPod Touch would have me buying one, and I'd be tempted by that on the iPhone.

4. siddhartth

iPhone could be used as a TRACKPAD.
    Keyboard cover for iPadX could become keyboard for the macmini when ipadpro is in cintiq mode.

That way you just need a power socket and a desk to set up your desktop anywhere. All you have to do is carry your macmini or macpro with you in a bag. The new macpro doesn't seem too bulky. That's an ecosystem i would like to live in.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  5. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

#1 Make iOS to have proper multitasking, tear-off floating windows, + easier file management....Of course that won't happen....
    #2 Open up 2rd or 3rd party development for Pencil and Keyboard pogo pins....Of course that won't happen....
    #3 Pencil buttons...Of course that won't happen....
    #5 Trackpad for keyboard. Probably will happen..

6. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

1. RAM
    2. RAM
    3. RAM

Burgundy likes this.
  7. Zhao Su

Zhao Su Zee Ess

1. More RAM, minimum 8gbs. Don't call it "Pro" with only 2-4gbs.

2. Ditch iOS! Make TabOS or something with REAL file management, REAL multitasking, not this cloud frankenstein mess we've got now.

3. Apple Pencil with less dangerous charging method! It looks flimsy and embarassing to charge currently. Wireless charging FTW.

4. Cintiq-like screen mirroring capability, NOT just to Macs.

5. More RAM. 'Nuff said.

Burgundy and siddhartth like this.
  8. etoons

etoons Pen Pal - Newbie

They definitely won't switch to Mac Os or windows for the iPad lineup, and although 8 GB ram would be nice, they'll never do it either :(

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

9. etoons

etoons Pen Pal - Newbie

Bezels are actually nice, when drawing, as a way to rest your hand without touching anything

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

10. siddhartth

I am sure third party accesories can be made for that option, i for one would prefer bezelless display. But i definitely prefer Samsung's aproach to it. Having, a forehead and chin for speakers and holding phone while playing games or watching youtube. I wouldn't mind if the ipad has a chin and forehead too. The notch was just a lazy idea Essentialphone came up with. Now, with Apple's Nod it's gonna stay here for a decade.