iPadpro2 wishlist?

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by siddhartth, Nov 14, 2016.

1. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Keep in mind, it's just an iPad and it's going to stay that way, so no point in asking Desktop OS features that Apple is obviously not going to include, because it has Macbooks to sell. Within these restrictions I present my Wish list for the next Avatar for an iPadpro2 and related software features-
    1. A more fully featured Notes App
      1. With handwriting recognition like SNote, Nebo
      2. Unlimited Canvas like OneNote, Papyrus
      3. Audio-Handwriting Synced recording, video-handwriting synced recording like OneNote desktop
      4. Handwriting to text conversion like SNote, Nebo
    2. An Apple pencil that is more versatile
      1. Thinner tip
      2. Option to chose nib texture
      3. Thicker barrel and a shorter length - so that it can accommodate same capacity battery and still fit in your pocket
      4. Pocket clip
    3. Wacom link type function to connect iPadpro with a iMac or a Macbook, as an external pen display. (this one was long overdue, it was a no brainer, should have been there with the first iPadPro, I am glad it finally happened)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

All they should do really is to equip thunderbolt or USB 3.1 chip for the lightening port instead of slumming it with USB 2.0 like it is now. Then you can have the wired full Cintiq functionality at native resolution and full color depth @ 30 or 60Hz.

YVerloc and siddhartth like this.
  3. siddhartth

Could not agree more.
    But Lighting port and associated acceories are a cash cow for Apple. I don't think they are going to kill it any time soon. Lighting port based ear phones further show Apple's determination to promote lighting port. That is why i didn't include it in the list. Apple doesn't do anything until it's customers reach the tipping point of their tolerance for BS, and vigorously demand What is right. It took so many years for Apple to make Apple pencil i think it wil take 5or even more years before Apple finally admits lighting port (USB2) is not good enough.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

Well, the MacBook Pro doesn't have lightning. So you can't connect a your iPhone, iPad, or new earbuds to it natively (w/o a dongle). And of course, MBP has a "legacy" headphone jack. So, maybe opposing forces are trying to pull Apple in their own direction.

With that said, new iPad Pro will have:

1) Pencil with Eraser (and they'll spend 20 minutes touting how they developed the perfect eraser feel)

2. No headphone jack.

3. One Thunderbolt USB-C port. (Their problem will be making it so people don't accidentally plug lightning into

Thunder bolt.

5. siddhartth

you sure about that?

with a thunderbolt -
    • The charging speed of iPad will get a significant boost
    • One can use iPad as a lag free pen display for their Macbooks and macminis.