iPadPro 4th gen wish list

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by siddhartth, Jun 26, 2019.

?

Your most desired feature(s) for next gen iPadPro?

1. OLED

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Dualboot Windows 10

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Sidecar for windows 10

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Less slippery surface - Anything (textured glass, nibs, thinner nibs) that increases friction

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Pressure sensitive first party pocket clip pen

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Water resistance

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Better thermal management

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. dual boot macOS

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. A Surface dial like input method

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. kickstand

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's that time of the year again, the speculation season. Where, we conjure up the devices of our dream hardware and software features.

It takes time but some of our wishes do come true (sidecar, reduced bezels, less ridiculous Apple Pencil, darkmode, iPad OS in general). There are rumours that next gen iPadPro will be oled, which is nothing short of sweet. So, I invite our fellow stylus toting dreamers to participate in the combined exercise of imagination-

• Option of Nano/micro textured glass (as on xdr pro display) on iPadPro for increased friction and reduced glare
    • Option of Samsung OLED display
    • faster wifi modem
    • improved text selection with mouse
    • Option of Textured Pencil nib with a finer point
    • Ability to dual boot Windows10 and padOS
    • A pocketable Apple Pen with pressure sensitivivity with or without tilt (for non Artistic people who don't want to but a seperate stylus for their iPadmini)
    • Option of calligraphy pen in pencil pallette with the option of choosing direction of the slant (more of a padOS feature).
    • Headphone jack (right?)
    • Fast charging and complimentary fast charging brick
    • Apple digitiser drivers app on Windows store to enable sidecar in Windows 10 (this alone will sky rocket the iPadPro sales)
    • HDR display
    • first party backlit keyboard
    • Water resistance
    • Better thermal management
    • Handwriting input in keyboard and any text box
    • Handwriting to text conversion in Notes App
    • Time stamped Handwriting/Typing with Audio/video recording and sync
    • USBc/Bluetooth table top web cam and microphone support
    • Ability to copy/paste ink objects from Apple Notes to Apple Keynote
    • And hopefully to reach an agreement with Microsoft OneNote and PowerPoint teams to make Apple ink inter-copy-paste-able.
    • Cheaper
    I am sure i must have forgotten something, so, @Shogmaster @dellaster @artistebot @Bronsky @Kumabjorn @dstrauss @Marty @lovelaptops @JoeS @darkmagistric @Azzart
    @YVerloc @nnthemperor @thatcomicsguy @Steve S , guys weigh in.

NOTE: You can select multiple features that you want in the associated poll above.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Having worked with the iPad Pro 10.5 "Smart" keyboard flap thingy, a kickstand would be my most desired feature. Just about zero chance of that though. Also, you forgot another important feature: lower price! :D

soh5, Bronsky and siddhartth like this.
  3. siddhartth

zero chance of that either, it's Apple we are talking about. :( But we do have the right to dream. ;)
    I am sure there's a huge market for third party "hinge cases" for iPads. May be Microsoft can step in, it's the only hardware thing they excel at, they can't make NTrig run like Wacom EMR, they can't reduce those bezels on the Surface go, they can't make their own A12xbionic, but they sure can make those hinges, like no body's business. :p

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    nnthemperor likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Typing on my Surface Go is about one million percent better than the cramped IPP keyboard.

soh5, nnthemperor, batty and 2 others like this.
  5. siddhartth

IPP keyboard 3rd gen costs $254 usd in india, it is nor even backlit. It's physical practical joke that is not even funny, definitely not funny for people who bought it. Seemingly, Apple can get away with anything.

Bronsky likes this.
  6. WhenUtry

WhenUtry Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh, if only. Would buy it in a heartbeat!

Haha okay, not really. I would probably wait for more reviews first.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...IPP keyboard 3rd gen costs $254 usd in india, it is nor even backlit...>>

...You forgot to mention that it's also ugly! Available only in dark gray? REALLY...??? Especially when Surface Type Covers are available in many colors and also starting to be available with graphic designs.

Also, judging from the condition of the keyboard folios at my local Best Buy and Micro Center, the keyboards are none too durable; the plastic surfaces are surprisingly beat-up after only a few months on display. By comparison, the Surface Type covers... which have been on display longer... look a lot better...!

siddhartth likes this.