iPad Pro validates Surface ecosystem

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by b52hbuff, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, this definitely feels like Apple’s opening salvo and return to pen computing. Glad to see it, but I think the endgame will be far more interesting than the opening move.

Aman likes this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I've been rethinking this thread's title, and after watching MacBreak Weekly fawning all over the new iPad, and contorting themselves like a game of Twister to validate the superiority of the new iPad and how it just does everything "right" that Microsoft has been struggling to do with the Surface Pro 3, I came to the conclusion that this is a marketing fraud - the correct name is not iPad Pro, but

iPad XL

LVM likes this.
  3. dgeffs

dgeffs Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know what is considered large these days - we are between 700-800 Lawyers. However, I can guarantee you we will be the last firm on the planet to allow work to be stored on the cloud. Of course we have our own cloud but that's a lot different from Apple's.

dstrauss likes this.
  4. LVM

LVM Pen Pal - Newbie

Before the keynote even ended I got two emails with many exclamation points regarding the pencil. My response was simple; "Its still just iOS"

I'm doing some out here in California!

Bronsky likes this.
  5. dstrauss

@Bronsky & @LVM - without a doubt, iPad owns 75-90% legal market - BUT - if you really watch the lawyers with the iPads, you will see that 90% of those look at emails and maybe a calendar, but very little active use. 8 of our 18 lawyers use iPads (I'm SPro 3, no other tablets) and the number one use is personal email. Even our trial lawyers rarely use their iPads, except for occasional deposition review.

LVM and Mesosphere like this.
  6. Allie

Allie Pen Pal - Newbie

7. LVM

LVM Pen Pal - Newbie

Totally agree with this, its basic calendar review, email and then games while waiting in court. Then when they get back to the office its in their bag while they do work on their laptop or desktop machine.

I like to cut out the "middle pad" and just use the same machine wherever I go, I can work on any case assigned to me, and any other case I have user rights to in our database.

Just this morning in court, I was waiting on an attorney to show up so I went about reviewing warrants with tracked changes in Word 2013. Type Cover and track pad made the editing much easier than if I had to peck at the screen constantly. Finished it off with a digital signature with the SP3 Pen, viola! Sitting next to me, an attorney playing candy crush on his iPad mini. I'm happy with my choice.

darkmagistric and Bronsky like this.
  8. dstrauss

@Allie - I only took a quick scan through the 260+ posts, but looked to me like a lot of people are skeptical of the iPad XL.

9. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Reviewing changes and marking up changes in Word .docs would be much easier w/ a pen if the nifty plug-in which allowed one to do it using copy-editing gestures was still around.

10. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Where is the ragged Proximo?!

Another Dale imposter! Get out !

Bronsky likes this.