iPad Pro 9.7 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by JoeS, Mar 21, 2016.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I think anything over an 8" size tablet (like the old Asus TabNote) is hard to hold one handed and still take notes, unless you can comfortably put it in the crook of your arm and hold the tablet by the opposite edge (realize this is a clipboard but basically the same issue):
    [​IMG]

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

@Azzart Whoa, that is just whoa!
    @dsrauss Yeah, when standing that isn't a problem, but not really ergonomically possible in bed. That is how I discovered it. The device at bedside is the Galaxy Note 8 (the tablet, not the yet to be released phone) and that I can hold but battery life isn't what it used to be and apps installed on microSD card no longer works when they get upgraded to be compatible under Nougat.
    So I was thinking about the Samsung Tab S3, basically the same form factor as the iPad Pro, but it surprised me when I realized my hand was too small.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think other users' experience with certain sized devices won't help much unless you know those people have similar physiology, like hand size and finger strength. For that offline-discussions are much better suited.
    Funny enough, a couple days ago I came across an article that mentioned the biggest human that ever lived, Robert Wadlow. That guy was a true giant at 2.72 meter and with a handlength of 32 cm. I guess he could hold even a 20" Toughpad tablet quite comfortably...

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

My interest is related to Apple's deign goals. Seems to me like they may be ignoring 50% of the market. Samsung, being a male dominated Confucian cooperating doesn't surprise me. Apple I expect more from.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

WillAdams likes this.