iPad Pro 12.9 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by AveSharia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The M1 Chip alone wouldn't make me plunk down. However a more MacOSX-ing of Ipad OS I would be all in favor of. My biggest gripe with the iPad Pro 12.9 is the lack of proper OS environment suitable for developing. Like suitable for full Xcode and VSCode. There are some server hacks you could do to run them (vscode anyway), but those methods are largely more hassle then the worth. However even if they did that, and cruelty limited such OS updates to only a M1 iPad Pro, I would still probably not update. Since getting the M1 Air, I don't have as much purpose for the Ipad Pro beyond two use cases. Art and Sidecar. I would say 75% of my current usage of the 12.9 IPad Pro is using it in Sidecar to my M1 Air. With occasionally drawing on it. This change in usage essentially made my purchase of the Magic Keyboard Case kind of pointless since I don't type on the iPad itself anymore. Now if Apple could open up Sidecar to pushing two Ipads as Monitors, that would probably be enough for me to get a 2nd 12.9 iPad.

excalibur1814 likes this.