iPad Pro 12.9 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by AveSharia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Am I missing something? I thought the new Pros could output 4k60 to an external monitor. Neither HDMI 1.4 nor charging-only USB-C can do that...

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah, they put in low-end converter.

Though to be fair, nearly all IPP video adapters are 'low-end' in that respect (so much so the folks on MacRumours thought 4K60 wasn't possible :D) and even Apple's own USB-C adapter only does 4K30.

The only converter I've come across that confirmed outputs 4K60 is the Belkin USB-C to HDMI adapter. Though it may be a while before those converter boards hit the cheap Chinese aftermarket for modders/DIYers.

Let's just hope the next iPad Pro goes full TB3, then we can have true docking solutions for the professional market without the guessing game. ;)

Cuberdon75 likes this.
  3. zendragon

zendragon Scribbler - Standard Member

For any artists who use the iPad, how hot does it get when drawing? I tested both the 12.9 and 11 in iPad at an Apple store the other day and noticed the 12.9 got uncomfortably warm at the bottom of the screen in landscape mode, right where I rested my hand most often. The 11in was also warm, but not as much as the 12.9. I tried 2 different floor models, and unplugged the charging cable to verify it wasn't due to charging and it still felt very warm.

Is this a normal thing or maybe just an issue due to them being almost always plugged in floor models running demo software?