iPad Pro 12.9 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by AveSharia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Utan-chan

Utan-chan Pen Pal - Newbie

Nah. Surface 3. Coming from the RT, the Pro2, and now to the 3, the change in aspect ratio makes a huge difference despite having the same 10.8inch. The reason I'm fine with smaller screen is probably because of my nearsightedness. That said, having more screen estate is always nicer, but seeing the current state of the Pro4 right now, I'd rather wait til the Pro5, haha.
    The reason why microSD card is great is I can share a single one across all my tablets and phones. No file transfer or network required... a shame that with a "Pro" in the name, the 12.9" still doesn't support microSD card. Would be great if they suddenly add a standard SD size one in the future (like their Mac laptops).

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

dellaster likes this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

4. Utan-chan

Utan-chan Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Ed Hardy

Yes. Follow the links to the reviews for more details.

6. Ed Hardy

Absolutely. They work well as a way to access files you don't use all the time, like videos or a collection of reference documents.

7. Allie

Allie Pen Pal - Newbie

8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I think this was mentioned earlier, but at max brightness this thing has an un-Apple like short battery life. I just used 25% of the battery charge in one hour, just doing some outdoor PDF markup. Ouch!

Edit: Found it. So yes, 4h battery sounds right. That's Surface Pro 1 level battery life..

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Utan-chan and DaniJoy like this.
  9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Indeed, at max brightness this screen sucks up battery like nothing. Luckily for me I never need to use it at such level of brightness: indoor it's too much and outdoor It's useless to paint with, like any other tablet I tried. :D

10. Ed Hardy

The figures for a tablet's battery life are always with the backlight at 50% or less, because the screen is the #1 power drain on the device. This is reasonable because tablets are designed to be used in the office or living room.

As you've discovered, turning the backlight up to 100% on any tablet will greatly impact the time between charges. The best that can be said about the iPad Pro is that 3-4 hours with the backlight on max is actually much longer than many of its competitors with their backlights on all the way.

When I'm working outside, I almost always have my tablet plugged into either a wall socket or an external battery. For example: