iPad Pro 12.9 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by AveSharia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Shogmaster I tried to reproduce those errors and I can't. I also asked three iPP owners on Twitter and they haven't seen that behavior either. Maybe it's a bad Pencil?

2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I doubt it's the Pencil since they are two different Pencils in the video. IMO, Procreate screwed up something on those demos?

3. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

Weird. Haven't seen that behaviour on mine. I wonder if it could be due to the presence of many machines and apple pencils nearby.

4. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey everyone. Thought I would share my recent case design for iPad Pro. Makes using the Pro a dream!. :)

Thanks,

Isaiah

neongolden and Shogmaster like this.
  5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

That is absolutely the perfect product for that market Isaiah! I hope (and presume) you'll sell a lot of those in particular. Looks wonderful.

6. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Update on that bug: I visited several other Apples stores. None of their iPad Pro and Procreate demos gave me the same error. I haven't gone back to the Century City store to see if their demo machines are still wonky, but I'll bet it was just an old version they forgot to update.

YVerloc likes this.
  7. senritsu01

senritsu01 Pen Pal - Newbie

image.jpeg Ok because of the glowing reviews I decided to take the plunge and buy theiPad pro 12.9

The good.

The size of the screen is perfect to draw without feeling too cramped.

The Apple pencil has a nice weight to it. To me there is a slight traction when drawing on the screen, perfect for me, not too much not too little.

The ability to use tilt when drawing.

The most natural sketching experience.

The bad.

The actual pencil is very slippery so it slides around in my hands. I think a pencil grip would fix that though.

It's just a big iPad and I don't understand how anyone could do professional work on it without feeling a bit of frustration for the lack of programs and

I can't seem to get good inking results. Is anyone else havin this problem? If so what app and ink brush do you use for good results.

When I ink I get some jitter. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is any stabilization I could use any of the programs to correct this. The best results I get from medibang.

Utan-chan and WillAdams like this.
  8. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

pretty sure Paintstorm has a few different kinds of stabilization.

9. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

enjoy! how is the palm rejection working for you? its gotten better for me but it still glitches sometimes.

On procreate forums, i found some inking brushes other users had posted, they seemed better to me than the stock ink brushes. search out "inking brushes". also, adjusting the pressure curve in procreate helped me get better inking lines.

ive never seen mine jitter so i cant comment on that. maybe procreate has stabilization, they have a great community on their forums. im not sure.

definitely get a pencil grip! i use one it helps. that pencil is slick! i just stole one from a pen i found laying around.

i wonder if they updated the screen or something, i find mine to be very slick- or maybe im just used to my cintiq (which has allot of grip).

im hoping tilt becomes better, most of the time it just annoys me. i think maybe i just need to tweek it more in the brush settings.

have fun! its a nice little tablet.

10. senritsu01

senritsu01 Pen Pal - Newbie

If they do I can't find it. But then again I'm using the lite version. Maybe the full version?

I guess it depends on how you draw. I sketch fast but when I'm inking I tend to draw slower. I'll check out the forums for more art brushes but so far procreate hasn't blown my mind yet.

The screen isn't as textured as the cintiq but much better then hard plastic nibs on smooth glass. Palm rejection leaves dots on my screen but not nearly as bad as the Wacom aes, if you used that before. It doesn't bother me so far.

Sometimes when I'm drawing normally tilt activates for some reason, is that what you mentioned?