iPad Pro 12.9 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by AveSharia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. cspaint

cspaint Pen Pal - Newbie

Should I get the 32gb or 128gb?

2. andya147

andya147 Scribbler - Standard Member

ive had 5 ipad pro 128gb and all have uneven yellow tint so im hanging out until they start using the Samsung screens..i don't like the sharp igzo..but well done Samsung pro s super amoled 12inch windows 10 tablet..ill be getting one just for the oled screen about time now Wacom need to up there game and bring companion 3 out..my surface book uses a Panasonic panel and destroys the ipad pro for colour gamut and uniformity..i still love ipad pencil though ..this Samsung could be the answer for a lot of people 10hour battery life super amoled screen super thin maybe wacon stylus not to clear but I think it will have s pen core m fast enough for sketching

http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/samsung-galaxy-tabpro-s/

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Utan-chan and cspaint like this.
  3. andya147

4. cspaint

cspaint Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Uh, I never noticed before...
    Actually, I see some difference in white color around the borders if I keep a blank white file at full screen. I guess it has something to do with back lighting, so I don't care much.
    I only wished it had an overall yellower white point instead of the usual cold one seen on several tablets.

Meanwhile, hard at work. :D
    image.jpeg

darkmagistric likes this.
  6. cspaint

cspaint Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine didn't have the yellow tint either but one of the edges was dimly lit when I viewed it on a white background. I ended up returning it.

7. andya147

thx cspaint ill check it out ..mine or should I say the ones I have had have all had the yellow blotchy patches ..all the ipad pro 32gb models look like there using Samsung panels which give a really even white..people will say who cares but the point im making is for this price I excpect quality .my surface book uses a Panasonic panel that is superb and Microsoft take there time in calibrating every screen ..a point I must make to people is i use an ipad that has a even white and then try a 128gb with the yellow tint and after an hour I gurantee you will have eye strain and headache..when I use my partners 32gb pro I get no eyestrain whatsoever and there is also more of a colour cast on the sharp panels that have the yellowing..when you go in the apple store and go to settings its easy to see the ones on display are really uniform perfect..get a 128gb and put it next to it and you will see a hugh difference..if it had a complete tint of yellow I could maybe live with that but its blotchy and isn't accurate ..here is a youtube vid of the 32gb vs 128gb clearly showing the difference .and as I said if you suffer from eye strain the yellow blotchy one does hurt the eye more

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      197 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      178.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      240.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      170 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      203.4 KB
      Views:
    cspaint likes this.
  8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Well, if the screen is blotchy it's definitely a problem...
    Mine is a 128gb ordered on day one and doesn't have a yellow tint... Sadly for me! Because colors appear totally different on this device compared to my other three color-calibrated display due to its white point. :-/

9. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

well im glad i listened to Azzart and let the IPP mature and myself get used to it. its a dream to draw on.

I have a 32Gb version, no issues with the whites, its better than my CC2 screen!

i picked up the smart cover and the case. this makes it much easier to grip. i was dropping it allot because it was so slick and thin. the cover works great as a stand when folded up. like the low setting on a CC2. nice for long sessions. plus this thing is very comfortable drawing on your lap.

i added a pen grip to the apple pencil. feels much better now.

inking is much improved with the matte screen protector and better pens from the procreate forum. it was a software issue for me.

Im also using a extra CC2 bag to carry it around. fits nice and holds everything in a zipper pouch so i cant lose the pencil.

charging the pencil sucks but at least it charges really fast. the tablet charges really slow, on my days off i was running out of battery even though i had it charging while i slept. just couldnt get a full charge. this was an extreme usage scenario.

i still have the issue with the palm rejection causing pan/zoom. its not so bad when painting, but others are chiming in with the issue on the forums, so im sure it will get fixed eventually. i just dont do that warm up on the IPP. palm rejection is hit or miss depending on the software.

I still wish i had a cursor, but thats a matter of personal preference. mostly for inking, but YMMV. For me IPP is falling into the light duty drawing/ painting niche. i cant do much work with it, but i love using it for fun! i would say if what you want to do falls within its limits, its the best in class art tablet. i cant wait to see this tech in larger sizes with more powerful hardware , and i hope desktop class software someday.

Utan-chan, Azzart and darkmagistric like this.
  10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I expected as much. My Ipad Air 1 is also very slow to charge....needing 8-10+ hours for a full charge. And if its running low on battery like at 5%, even plugged in, the power drain from being used exceeds the power it draws from being charged limiting how long it can be used at a low charge. Guess thats just the way of Ipads nowadays.

As far as the cursor....have you tried the app "Colors"? That app I distinctively remembered gave its own in-app Cursor. Which with older capacitive pens only worked on contact, but I'd be curious to see if the in-app cursor works if the pen is hovering. Even if Colors can't hold a candle to Procreate, it could at least mean its something that can be done in-app at least, maybe wish list it to the creators of Procreate?

Can you also by chance try the App "Art Studio"? kind of curious how well that runs with the apple pencil.