iPad Pro 12.9 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by AveSharia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Innovation!!!1!

I haven't researched it enough, but I read 15 min charge gives you 30 minutes of drawing/writing with the Harry Potter wand. That's not even enough for a single university lecture.

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I'm not an apple fan, but in their defense it is 15 seconds = 30 minutes... which is pretty amazing actually... But when the battery lasts ~6 months in my pen as it is (guessing, I haven't had to replace it yet in 4 months of ownership), having it rechargeable isn't a big deal to me. I have spare batteries sitting in waiting. The only area where I see a big need for a rechargeable pen is if it is AES/N-Trig and an emergency silo twig. Of course I'd still just prefer Wacom EMR over all the other solutions. But the need for a AAAA battery isn't that big of a problem.

JoeS likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Or 1 second = 2 minutes. That is better than dipping a feather pen in ink. :)

4. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

Never used pens other than Wacom's, so charging a pen seems ridiculous and unacceptable to me.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  5. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

Alright thanks for clarifying that.

Now I wonder how much they will charge the nibs, I'm guessing not less than $30/nibs as per usual Apple's price.

If anybody wondering the actual life experience, Anandtech got the video. From my POV, it still lags a bit from its tip

Their opinion about the devices can be read here

Update:
    Another video from another tech but this one seems to have artist POV
    Just skip to 17s

In this video, the slight lag isn't really noticeable unless you play the video at 1/2 speed. Probably the noticeable lag in Anandtech's video because of the angle. The reviewer said it has 10ms time.

I found out that you need to pair the pen first and one pen can only be paired to one tablet. I wonder if they use 2.4 GHz connection or bluetooth for data transmission.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  6. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Some tech sites need to update their articles than. That's a huge error on their part to say 15 minutes instead of seconds.

7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That looks pretty good to me but I wish he would have tapped with his knuckle to see if any stray marks appeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeS likes this.
  8. TNGG

TNGG Pen Pal - Newbie

Everything seems great about it - except that we can't see the size of the cursor when the pen hovers above the display, and though it seems like a small detail, it's a huge deal in art, and a differentiating feature that keeps Wacom/Surface/N-Trig products still ahead in terms of real world use and productivity. That is unless, perhaps it does have that functionality, in which case... I want one!

9. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

I heard it was 1 minute of charging = 30 minutes of use. Still, that's really quick.

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

According to Apple's web site it is 15 seconds for 30 minutes. Almost sounds too good to be true. Still, it would have to be on a silo emergency twig for it to be something I actually felt I needed. Wacom EMR doesn't need any batteries and AES based tech tend to have very long battery life (6 months).