iPad Pro 12.9 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by AveSharia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. andya147

andya147 Scribbler - Standard Member

that's correct..the price has to be on target for apple to make this a winner.if surface pro 4 is released in October with far better specs and a good price I think apple will struggle apple fan boys will purchase it .how good the pencil is is anyones guess,no changeable nibs aint good

2. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

You're forgetting something over there.
    It is replaceable for $99 :D

3. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

Sorry.
    The iPad Pro comes by itself. No Apple Pencil (stupid name. iPen, Apple Pen much better).
    By the way, how do the design wizards at Apple expect one to store their Apple Pencil? No slot. No silo. No clip on the Pencil. No glue on Pencil loop.

4. andya147

andya147 Scribbler - Standard Member

and charging it will cause a lot of broken lightning connectors..crazy if you ask me why not a separate charging dock be interesting to see in the next month what is around for artists ie ipad pro surface pro 4 and Lenovo thinkpad with battery powerd Wacom

5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Pencil will ship with spare nibs and they will also be sold separately. That's one Microsoft/N-Trig unforced error that Apple is avoiding.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

6. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know why did you quote me. My post was sacrasm if it was too vague.

How can you be sure about shipping with spare nibs or selling spare nibs separately?

Although I can see the huge possibility that it is replaceable just by looking the pen's half section in the PV video. It is possible that it is held by screw mechanism but that means throwing away that huge chunk nibs with metals innards away. With that and Apple's usual policy, they might just as well say 'get a new stylus'.

I can indulge mysef in many theories but I'll just wait until the real products come out and hopefully ifixit will tear ipad pro down including the keyboard and stylus.

7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

8. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

A 12-inch Surface Pro 3 i5 128GB is $999, the Type Cover is an additional $129.99, and the stylus/pen is included, so the total is $1128.99.

A 12.9-inch iPad Pro 128GB is $949, the Apple Pencil is $99, and the Keyboard Cover is $169, so the total is $1217.

That gives the Microsoft device an $88.01 advantage. Of course, that assumes everyone will want the Apple Pencil, which is unlikely as it's a tool designed for artists, not people who want an iPad Pro to run Microsoft Office. And the larger screen on the iPad Pro also gives some basis for the higher price.

Including the cost of the 128GB LTE iPad Pro in this comparison is immaterial because there is no LTE-enabled version of the Surface Pro 3 at any price.

9. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

It's a common mistake. The method Microsoft uses on the Surface models is worse than nothing: the clip-on pen is totally insecure, and anyone who mistakenly trusts that it will work is inevitably going to lose their pen, which costs $50 to replace.

10. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

I guess that 128GB is eMMC not SSD. But that's not important, because those stupid believers don't know the difference.