iPad Pro 12.9 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by AveSharia, Sep 9, 2015.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've been inquiring about this all day on Twitter and appears that the iPad Pro does have palm rejection. The makers of ProCreate tweeted that it has "amazing" palm rejection.

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Wait is this true? I missed that little detail in the various blog posts.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Yeah, I Think they should have sold it as the iMac Tablet instead, with full OS X ir should be a killer setup. Also, it would force the to include the keyboard.

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I like the tilt feature of the Apple Pencil, but what about the tip? Doesn't look replaceable. Doesn't that require a very hard material? Wonder what if will feel like when drawing.

5. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

In the keynote presentation and video, I saw how carefully everyone was avoiding contacting the screen with pen and palm at the same time. It seems like something that important would have been highlighted by Shill Philler when he was presenting. I'm glad to hear it has palm rejection.

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Does it have it, cause they were touting how you can use the pen and multi-touch at the same time. So, maybe it just rejects single touch, or at least an option to turn touch off?

7. andya147

andya147 Scribbler - Standard Member

apple should have done this a long time ago funny how they follow the trend am I excited no not really its good Wacom has some competition the thing lacking for me is good software like manga studio procreate is ok but it isnt manga studio or photoshop the new surface pro 4 if it uses skylake and Microsoft can get the price nice will blow this away but I just hope the n-trig can be improved and also I like the stylus to be a bit fatter like a Wacom pen.allso anyone thought hasn't Wacom got the patent for tilt.its ok apple have a stylus and that's good news but what is needed is usb ports we wil have to wait and see surface pro 4 with 14inch screen will really temp me

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

probably because for them it may use their software palm rejection developed inside their own app.

9. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's about time, Apple. Should've included this with the very first iPad...

Palm rejection is a major concern. It needs to be a system-wide thing, which may not be possible if the digitizer tech doesn't allow for hover detection with the pen. I always wondered how they did it with the most recent batch of Adonit and Wacom Bluetooth styluses for the apps that supported them.

But the even bigger concern is that it's a $100 accessory sold separately on top of a tablet that starts at $700. You can get a Surface Pro or any number of Tablet PCs for far less than that, pen included, and not have to deal with the limitations of iOS.

10. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

There is more than one.
    At 1:46 I can tell you it's Procreate.
    if only the guys at Savage interactive implemented the ability to import psd files and Apple a way to manage files decently I would be tempted to sell the Surface...
    As it though, it's a no.

neongolden likes this.