iPad Pro 11 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by dstrauss, Dec 7, 2018.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

And where did that ultimately get him - on an isolated rock in the middle of nowhere and then...

[​IMG]

Bishop, DRTigerlilly and djas like this.
  2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Why?

3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Show some family leadership, Dale! You've obviously long since spoiled those kids - probably let them have their own thoughts and make their own choices at a young age, did you? Well, for that parenting failure, you're stuck with iPhones for the rest of your life.:D:D:D

4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Me as someone who draws: the iPad is sleeker and more comfortable to use as a drawing/painting machine. To the point of being fun to use, even for work.
    I still think if my Surface Book 2 wasn't a computer able to run modern games and VR I would probably try to sell it again to get a new iPad Pro.
    Though I have to admit my recent problems with the pen that works poorly when the machine is on battery and I wear my drawing glove and the continuous bluescreens when it goes out of sleep after updating to windows 1809 are making me think twice about my decision.

Aside from my considerations of the Surface Book 2, there's a problem I could never accept with the Notebook 9 Pro: a 16:9 15 inches display with a poor resolution of 1920x1080. Embarrassing.

wytn and dellaster like this.
  5. dstrauss

That kept me from pulling the trigger on a Best Buy clearance model - why in heavens would you release a "Pro" device with 10 year old screen technology?

6. Azzart

By the way... 20190320_114320-3024x1701.jpg

darkmagistric, dellaster and dstrauss like this.
  7. dstrauss

8. Azzart

It’s the 12.9 so it’s a bit offtopic but damn, I’ve completely forgotten how good this thing was for drawing.
    Also, it’s so freaking fast it handles a heavy file in Clip Studio better than the Surface Book 2. It’s embarassing.
    And the Pencil is surgically accurate: it’s the first time I see the cursor staying glued UNDER the pen tip while drawing in that software.

dstrauss likes this.
  9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well.....provided the file isn't heavier then the available Ram anyway. Probably not as much an issue with the 10.5/11/ & 12 inch iPad Pros since they have 4GB of Ram. My 9.7 Pro and its dinky 2GB sure as heck struggled with heavy files.

10. Azzart

The compressed saved file isn't heavy, it might be 200MB at worst, it's the layer count (100+) that makes it heavy to handle though: I recall the task manager showing generally more than 4 gb of ram usage from Clip Studio with those files in Windows.
    And Clip Studio on the Surface Book 2 with that file will struggle more than the iPad as incredible as it might be.
    I still don't get exactly how iOS manages memory, it's just... weird.