iPad Pro 11 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by dstrauss, Dec 7, 2018.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Anybody know what language he's speaking???

Bronsky and JoeS like this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I did some editing for clarity but... yeah, jargon is unavoidable and might as well be greek if you haven’t the background. Sorry.

Bronsky and dstrauss like this.
  3. dstrauss

Sorry for the poke with a sharp stick...just couldn't resist, beside it coincides with my view of the complexity of Linux...

Bronsky and dellaster like this.
  4. dellaster

Install was quicker and easier than Windows 10, but there’s an unavoidable learning curve for those accustomed to Windows, just as there is when switching to MacOS or that some Win7 folks encountered with Win8 and could never overcome :vbrolleyes:.

13AB3853-FC51-403B-9549-FAC903C481A7.jpeg

Anyway, enough off topic chat. After I get “home” I’ll post a topic in the Lenovo section of my experiences with Linux on ThinkPads. Things might not go so smoothly on my X1 Tablet since unlike the X1E it’s not certified by Lenovo for Linux. We’ll see.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    dstrauss likes this.
  5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Uh well.. I found a bug. Rearranging my apps, iOS 14 just got rid of something like 6 of my app folders, and dumped all the corresponding apps alphabetically across four pages, helpfully followed by the app library. What the actual F :eek:

Edit: looks like I'm not alone. What an annoying f****** bug. Serves me right for not waiting..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  6. dellaster

No, the blame is 100% on Apple for releasing a flawed feature update that isn’t labeled “beta”. There’s no excuse for this kind of thing, regardless of whether it’s iOS, Windows, or whatever. People rely on their devices too much for sloppy sabotage to be allowed.

At least Apple doesn’t force the updates like a certain other OS maker. But leaving it up to the average user to guess & take chances is unethical.

7. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Bought a 3rd gen iPad pro... just in time for iOS 14. Updated, restored from backup... noticed no difference and carried on from where I left off on the iPad mini 5. Yay.

dstrauss, violajack and JoeS like this.
  8. dellaster

FYI, I braved the 14.0.1 iOS and iPadOS updates a couple days ago. No problems detected on either my iPhone SE (2016) or iPad mini 5. Knock on wood.

Chris_Kez and dstrauss like this.
  9. dstrauss

The "generation" thing with Apple drives me nuts, especially in the used market, where some refer to 3rd Gen as 2019, others (like mine) 2018, and I think technically it may span two product years. Anyway, knock on wood, both iPad Pro 2018 and iPhone 11 Pro survived the leap...that includes 14.0.1...

10. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Reformed Lumia Fan