iPad Pro 11 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by dstrauss, Dec 7, 2018.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You've been debating that decision for the last two years if I recall correctly. I don't think you'll finalise that decision in the next two years if Apple really is going to ditch the Intel processor for its own processors as the thermal throttling issue continues to bug thin-and-light Intel CPU laptops.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

And with that, the ipp11 thread was closed forever.

3. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well guys after installing yesterday ios 13 finally getting new features and improvements on various aspects of the OS.

First of all now ios has full support any kind external hard drives as well usb flash drive.

I've connected my T5 SSD portable by Samsung as well my Transcend usb type c 3.1 flash drive and recognized immediately by files app.

Also files app now support truly file management just like Windows or Android supporting for

You can do whatever action from or to any direction example copy or move or delete any kind file,zip files support etc.

Also files app support natively by opening any kind files from pdf or office documents to even MKV video file directly within files app,no needed extra app for that purpose.

Mouse support is another major upgrade I've tried Logitech MX Master 2S and works fairly well.

Also vast indicipated dark mode is finally reached ios and look very familiar with ONE UI from Samsung device.

Really appreciate it.

Stock app all having dark mode theme support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    JoeS, dstrauss and dellaster like this.
  4. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It makes me chuckle about the enthusiasm for "dark mode". It's kind of a throwback to the DOS/Terminal days.

Of course the reality is that non CRT display tech has finally advanced to the point where its usable.

5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

BTW: It looks like IOS 13 opens up potentially for a lot of different USB and Bluetooth peripherals probably via a Vendor supplied app for configuring/managing them.

6. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The problem is the inability to run full Mac OS X apps --- I need to be able to run a pair of apps for a CNC machine I do tech support for.

I really wanted a Modbook (and still kind of want a Modbook Pro), but couldn't justify it at the time, and haven't found a suitably priced / conditioned unit on eBay.

If Microsoft hasn't fixed the crippled stylus of Fall Creators Update and later by the time I have to replace my Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Sidecar and the new Apple Pencil make a Mac Mini, iPad Pro, and Apple Pencil a lot more palatable, and the leading contender (if the company I work for doesn't do either a headless version and an Android or Linux app).

I'm hoping the GB12 will last similarly to the Fujitsu Stylistic ST4121 I used to have --- I still occasionally fire it up for scanning or use outdoors.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

OK; count me as the newest owner of an 11" iPP. After reading all the comments about the iPP and its Gen 2 pencil (thanks, @dstrauss , may you be forever cursed!!) and after test driving it at Best Buy and Micro Center, I finally decided to cash in some reward card points and update from my venerable iPad 2 (which, by the way, still works nicely if with limited battery life).

Still setting it up, but I already have started seeing the pros and cons of this most recent iPad device. An important reason for me was to be able to first-person judge iPadOS when it gets issued in the fall.

More to come, I'm sure...

Bishop, JoeS, dstrauss and 1 other person like this.
  8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Welcome to the Kool Aid club!

Bishop likes this.
  9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Welcome to the Kool Aid club!..>>

...Actually, I think it was Flav-R-Aid...

10. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Something like that. I’ve always felt sorry for Kool Aid because it’s impossible for them to ever disassociate their brand name from that tragedy.