iPad Pro 10.5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by dstrauss, Jun 5, 2017.

1. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

FWIW, I don't much like either Apple, or Microsoft, and really wish that NeXT had made it (and as I've noted elsethread, the highwater mark of my computing experience was a NeXT Cube paired w/ an NCR-3125 running Penpoint).

That said, I need to update my signature to reflect my just purchased Samsung Galaxy Book 12.0 and Staedtler Noris Digital Stylus.

That said, if I could run Mac OS X 10.6.8 on the thing, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Aman likes this.
  2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well after some thought and while I was negative at beginning at the end pull the trigger and waiting 256gb WiFi unit.

I found it at a good price 650GBP from eBay seller(brand new factory sealed of course) UK version.

It’s already on the way to me and I’m expecting deliver on Monday by UPS.

It will replace my current 3 year old air 2:p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using the new iPad 12.9. I bought the larger size for drawing, games and watching Netflix. The larger size doesn't bother me since i don't plan to take it out with me anyway. I may pick up a 10.5 for my mom though she loves her iPad mini 2 that she has. She has said she wouldn't mind larger so that works out if they are phasing out the minis. The iPad mini actually replaced her computer because all she used her computer for was email and internet.

Bronsky and WillAdams like this.
  4. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Few minutes ego received my brand new iPad by UPS.
    Everything looking fabulous and excellent!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cspaint and dstrauss like this.
  5. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

very nice, also remember that the 10.5 supports fast charging but you need the MAC USB C power adapter and the USB C to lighting cable. just like the 12.9 does. trust me it's nice to have for sure. (I have it for my 10.5 unit)

dstrauss likes this.
  6. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have the 30 watt USB c charger and USB C to lightening cable it's totally worth it. On my 12.9 you can actually watch the percentage going up. It's awesome

7. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone has a suggestion of a tempered glass screen protector that works good with Apple Pencil? I have got the Anker one but it is too slippery compared to bare...

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'm liking the 10.5 as well, but all I can't help thinking (constantly) WHY CAN'T I HAVE WINDOWS 10 ON THIS THING.

PS Fellow Inkers - I love the smooth inking experience of the iPP but I HATE the pen - to slippery, too long, too top heavy, just TOO TOO TOOOOOOO!

alextrela182 and JoeS like this.
  9. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yea I know how you feel man, but I am going to hate saying this. But I think the inking on the IPP is better than the new pen with the nSP. I hate how loud the pen is, and I hate how you don’t have all the options as one note on windows , and the iOS one is limited.

But I think I write better etc on the IPP, and keep in mind all I do is one note etc. not an artist

dstrauss likes this.
  10. Mytabletacct

Mytabletacct Pen Pal - Newbie

I am of the same opinion. I own an ipad pro 10.5 and my writing is so much more accurate on the IPP than on the nSP, even with the lower latency surface pen. However I tried the Samsung galaxy book and was completely blown away by the speed and accuracy of emr. I now understand why it has so many fans. My signature is a good test of pen performance and it looked great on the EMR galaxy book.

dstrauss likes this.