iPad Pro 10.5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by dstrauss, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Yoyo

Yoyo Pen Pal - Newbie

Not that I'm holding my breath, but I still hold hope that Apple's management eventually caves and gives us a MacOS tablet with full ports and stylus. As said above, the marketing routine seems to be to mock features or ideas not yet embraced by the company. And the Surface line has already forced them to eat Steve's words on the stylus and range of screen sizes.

In the meantime, I am reminded daily how much I despise Microsoft's 'our way or the highway' attitude, sloppy QC, manic user interface choices and worthless customer support.

Aman likes this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I hope you get your wish, but my gut tells me that the plan (five years at most) is to replace general laptops (MacBook Pro 13, MacBook Air, and MacBook) with ever more powerful iPad Pros, and leave the MacBook Pro 15 and higher end iMacs for hardcore laptop and power users.

artistebot and Aman like this.
  3. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

As Apple brand slogan says- Think different !

I have no issue if Apple Wants to go with touch only,that is better in one way.

However Apple really needs to make a centralised file system even offline and also needs to change the way how apps access files and save them so that one file can be edited in different apps without duplication due to exports.

Also Apple must also introduce multiple floating safari browsers even if it looks complex.

Not Only Professionals but even degree students want these features.
    As of now surface Pro appeals more to not only Professionals but also the technical students and startups when compared to the iPad Pro.

Apple needs to make switching to iPad Pro from a laptop not just much easier but really smooth,instant and easy.As of now moving from a laptop to the iPad Pro is a complete mess,too difficult for most users.

However the multi select drag and drop is an excellent feature in iOS 11.

It's an extreme understatement when people say surface pro is for mostly Professionals.Even degree students and teams competing are also PRO users.
    And that's where Microsoft leads. Microsoft is helping every individual and every organisation on the planet to achieve more and DO More.

Because windows is for those WHO DO!

I reject the narrative that iPad Pro is a consumer product and surface is a product for a Professional.
    because computational thinking is for everyone and most of the youth is too creative.

The youth needs a real computer like surface unlike a toy like iPad Pro for their projects and creativity.

And if Apple thinks that the consumer computing age is ending I bet they are extremely wrong.Infact computing is now exploding .

More Powerful iPad Pro !!!!!!!!????????
    I don't even give it a single penny until Apple fixes the basic OS.
    The iPad Pro 10.5 is already Powerful enough for basic work but lacks most of the basic features of a desktop.
    More powerful iPad Pro will make sense only when Apple fixes it's OS.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    jl199954 likes this.
  4. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

To add one more point to it ,the 256 GB and 512 GB iPad Pro option will remain useless to most until Apple makes changes to the way files and folders work offline .

Thiese higher storage options look like a marketing gimic and I don't think most consumers will buy these options as of now.

Once Apple fixes the offline storage management,the 256 GB and the 512 GB Option will make sense.

When Apple Wants to make iPad a laptop replacement for majority ,it must do all basic things what a laptop can do which means atleast 85 percent of what laptop can do and that is not happening yet.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    convergent likes this.
  5. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I mean on IOS 11 they still won't support Bluetooth mouse. all it needs to be is a finger replacement or Christ sakes. its nice to use on android when I have to

Aman likes this.
  6. COGBABY

COGBABY Pen Pal - Newbie

I think that not holding your breath is an excellent strategy. :)

7. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

upload_2017-6-28_6-34-11.jpeg

One thing I'm confused by in your post... you are saying you despise Microsoft's "our way or the highway attitude"??? Have you met Apple?

COGBABY likes this.
  8. COGBABY

COGBABY Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe in the future, macOS will run on ARM, because MacBooks will switch to Apple's chips, and at that point it will be possible to install macOS on iPad via a hack.

But I don't see Apple supporting that officially.

Aman likes this.
  9. Yoyo

Yoyo Pen Pal - Newbie

I've used Apple's computers, not their phones or iPads. As I stated, I'd need to see MacOS on the iPad Pro to buy in.

So comparing MacOS, not iOS to Windows, yeah I'm disgusted by MS's penility, much more so than Apple's.

On a Mac I can change keyboard shortcuts system wide, clone the hard drive, open files with whatever software I want from the right click menu, install updatee as I see fit and reject any that don't meet my needs or standards. Windows? Not so much, at least without dodgy software or registry hacks.

And after spending a year fending off MS's attempts to 'upgrade' my tablets to Win10 against my will and forever eliminate my ability to protect myself from their otten half baked updates, I'm really not sure 10 should be viewed as better than iOS.

10. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I tried to find the definition of penility and was unsuccessful so not sure what you meant by that statement.

I am just speechless that you think Apple is more open to whatever a user wants to do than Microsoft. Apple is known for their closed garden "it just works" so we won't let you change it approach.

I'm sure we could each come up with a list of what you can't do on one side or the other. Some of the stuff you listed against windows is easily done... right clicking and opening a file with any application is part of the OS and been that way for a long time.

I get you don't like Microsoft. But all this stuff you listed goes both ways.

COGBABY likes this.