iPad Pro 10.5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by dstrauss, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

dont see the new ones on best buy web site yet. they are only listed on apple right now. wierd since normally I figured they would have been. guess we will have to wait and see since I want my points etc.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That would be great! Me streaming Black Mirror on that future iPad Pro:

upload_2017-6-6_9-42-32.png

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    testdrive7 likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Thanks. I'm interested in this question asked by ITCommander on Ars:
    The last thing I want is another iPad with apps that don't run at native resolution.. :mad:

4. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh man I really hope they upped the memory on the ipad pro 10.5, in high resolution canvases on the 9.7 you were severely limited to the amount of layers you could have on high res canvases. Max being 5000 x 6710 pixel canvas = 33.55 million pixels, and limited to 2 layers, the 12" model could have twice the amount of layers, I suppose because of double the memory too, so hopefully the 10.5 will have higher amount memory ram.

It's kinda annoying not being able to export some psd over to procreate on your ipad pro, when it can't accept higher res files than it's limit, thus you constantly need to resize the original psd file to even edit/open it on your ipad, so if you forget to resizing/trimming before exporting it over, RIP.

darkmagistric likes this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Amen....I've been hitting my head constantly on that pathetic 2GB Ram ceiling. I've found Medibang Paint takes much better to the Ipad Pro 9.7's limitations.....but I’ve all but given up on trying to take files and work done on my other tablet PC’s and move them to the Ipad……the Ipad Pro is great for stating a piece of artwork….but not for ending one…at least not for us layer hogs.

7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

In Procreate generally the Pro 9.7 has a third of the max layer number of the Pro 12.9

8. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Apple must introduce offline access to files now on iCloud drive and a proper folder system for "in iPad " files,not just for cloud files and folders.

And also multiple floating safari windows.
    Until then it can't replace PCs and until then there is no use of higher storage options.

Until then it will remain a toy and a big joke.

When that happens,it will replace laptops for 60 percent of Pro User Base.

Apple seems not to have that common sense.

Apple has given Small updates to the file system bcoz they are frustrated with failure of 12.9 inch iPad Pro.

The way the Apple Pencil charges is itself a big joke. I think except iPhones Apple is making losses on all its other products.

They can't compete surface Pro in majority as of now.First of all charging like this is odd,the stylus must be ready to go everytime,next loosing the stylus caps is also immenant, and accidental damage to the pencil while removing from the port or while charging is also immenant.

With new surface Pro's tilt sensitivity,the iPad Pro is now even more far fetched option.

It's not the Apple of Steve Jobs ,it has became its own parody.[​IMG][​IMG]

Infact Apple has now downgraded iPad air series with a display which is old age type, non laminated and with least modern screen tech.
    For the user base iPad was primarily made,it's a downgrade as 10.5 inch is suitable for pro users and not for those who like to read books on iPad.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  9. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

does anyone know when any stores will get the new ipads. I see no information on when the apple stores will get them never mind places like bestbuy.

Aman likes this.
  10. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Tuesday Bestbuy will have them so I can assume that apple will have as well. I have a preorder for the 10.5 at besbuy and its for Tuesday pickup.

apples dates are slipping a little bit, if you order form them its down to June 16th now.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.