Ipad OS on Tm2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Kingissa, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingissa

Kingissa Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't even know if this is possible or not, but i know that Windows pcs can install mac os and vice versa. Since we have a touch screen would there be a way to bring that over to the tm2?

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

You can't install Mac OSX on pc-based hardware as it uses EFI, as opposed to your typical BIOS. The only way you can is by using a modified version, talk of which is not permitted on this site. You can install Windows on a mac though, using Boot Camp.

As for iOS, that is an embedded operating system. It would not work on x86 based processors. It will only work on Apple's Cortex chips.

3. Kingissa

Kingissa Pen Pal - Newbie

you actually can install mac os on a windows pc. You should try googling it.

4. niranjan162

niranjan162 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ipad os is the same one used on the iphone. I cant for the life of me imagine why would you want such a thing on the tm2. Its good for the iphone because the screen is small the device doesnt have any power. As for the ipad i think its pretty crappy having phone os's, but then again thats why the device is quick.

5. matthayes3741

matthayes3741 Pen Pal - Newbie

The cool thing with this would be the ability or potential to play ipad games on the tm2. Cut the Rope is a great game to pass the time!

6. lelandjs

lelandjs Pen Pal - Newbie

As cool as the idea of having iOS on a tm2 is, it will never happen for the reason that Kyle stated above--unless Apple releases an iOS device that's got an Intel chip inside, it will be impossible to run iOS on any computer, laptop, etc.

And even if Apple were to release an Intel-powered Apple TV or what have you there would still be a lot of work and hacking needed to be done by developers.

My advice? If you want iPad games, get an iPad. I recently switched from an Android phone to an iPhone and the game/app selection was a major factor. If you can't afford to get an iPad, well, just be glad that you have a tm2t. :p

7. matthayes3741

matthayes3741 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure if Kingissa wants it for games... I'm just saying it would be cool to have those games on the TM2. Either way, the reason I know Cut the Rope is a good game is because I have both an iPhone and an iPad.

I wouldn't say it will never happen, but then again I try to stay away from words like never, always, all and none...

lelandijs, how are you liking your new iPhone? I have the 4, jailbroken of course and am thinking of switching to Verizon... I don't mean to jack this thread but I doubt it's going any further lol

8. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Isn't there an emulator that comes with Apple development kit? It won't be native, but it'll get you closer.

9. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

my question is:
    Why would you want such a limited and DRM ridden portable OS on your full featured x86 computer?

10. rorytmeadows

rorytmeadows Scribbler - Standard Member

So true. (Although, my TM2 is x64)

You bought a Porsche. Why do you want to put a Kia engine in it?

I'm waiting for a Windows Embedded Compact 7 installable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.