ipad mini 5 on the way

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Cuberdon75, Oct 24, 2018.

1. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

Not in depth. It’s more of an overview on how even rural areas will benefit from 5G. Autonomous farm machinery included. It does touch on the meshing effect, I think...

“Getting massive bandwidth to rural areas means building out expensive networks over long distances. But over the next few years, we may see some technological advances that could change the game. Distributed networks and antenna systems can let one internet access point serve a broader area by acting as a springboard to smaller base stations spread over several miles. Setting up 5G on relatively new spectrum in the 3.7 to 4.2GHz and 6GHz bands could balance coverage and speed to solve some rural home broadband problems, although there are no concrete plans for networks on those bands yet.”​

Good article. My opinion of PCmag.com has gone up.

2. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

Remember that iPad mini 5 I bought through Verizon then returned within 14 days because it wouldn’t connect to their 3G partner tower? I’ve had to fight to avoid/get refunded the $50 restock fee and they tried to charge me an additional $175 for early termination. Not to mention a couple of $20 line addition fees (for the iPm5 from Apple Store and their own, neither of which worked on that tower and were returned) plus taxes and who knows whatnot.

I’m done with Verizon. I switched to their independent subsidiary MVNO, Visible, in June after all this started going down and got that ETF on my final Verizon bill today. Spent an hour on the phone just now getting that ETF cancelled and also the restock fee refunded. Hopefully (pending approval; I will know in 48 hours, the email says). I give up on the other overcharges. I just want it to end. :mad:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    wytn likes this.