ipad mini 5 on the way

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Cuberdon75, Oct 24, 2018.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Better is sometimes "just better" then.

2. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yup. And maybe I’m greedy, but I wish they had tested an S-Pen on glass, then the Pencil, and vowed to adjust the nib until it was at least as good. I know they can do it if they have the determination.

dstrauss likes this.
  3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Another way to look at it.....AES/NTrig/MPP was ultimately supposed to be a cheaper solution to EMR....like EMR would remain a premium option, and AES/NTrig was the budget/cheap option. Apple more or less took the budget option and made it into a premium one by going above and beyond what their competition was offering.

4. dstrauss

Should have just bought Wacom and permanently kinked Microsoft's colon...Samsung so needs the Apple screen sales they would have cooperated I'm sure...

desertlap likes this.
  5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah like they did with the tech that was in Kinect. Which evolved to become face id on the iPhone.

Supposedly MS at one point was working on putting it on Windows phone when Apple bought the company and pulled the rug from under them.

PS: I still in some ways miss windows phone. I really liked the active tiles interface

dellaster likes this.
  6. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Fascinating! I never knew that about Kinect.

I miss Windows Phone too. Loved my Nokia 920. :(

JoeS likes this.
  7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Just stopping by to commiserate. Still use my 950XL as an e-reader / alarm clock. Love the live tiles, always on display, and the smoothly scrolling start screen. Anyway, carry on! :)

desertlap and dellaster like this.
  8. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

This is why I feel MS' price hikes for the Surface Pen from included, to $50, to now $100 is particularly unjustified—it's like they're blindly keeping pace with Apple Pencil pricing, while ignoring the internal tech/reasons for the price.

Apple Pencil 1 (for $100) had onboard stylus processing; Apple Pencil (for $130) has wireless charging...and meanwhile what did the Surface Pen get? :p

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Apple actually offers far superior value.

9. dstrauss

I want you guys as witnesses, but my ideal solution right now would be TWO iPM5's connected along the long edge - I'd have my Courier device...

Maybe I should patent that one...

10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

BTW: I talked with our Apple rep yesterday and asked about the pencil a bit more specifically sleep and wake.

Apparently it's more sensitive to vertical motion to turn itself on (like when you would pick it up) and less to horizontal.

And he also had one of the new 8 core MacBook Pros with him (drool....)