ipad mini 5 on the way

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Cuberdon75, Oct 24, 2018.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I did a bit. I would say it's roughly equal to the 10.5 It feels slightly different than the 10.5 though I cant really describe accurately how. One of my other engineers thinks the difference in feel is more due to the smaller display.

The current iPad pros are still the champs and the regular iPad would be in third place.

PS: Just saw in the meeting notes that Logitech might have a new keyboard case on the way with built in holder for their crayon. Probably education first and general release later in the year.

2. djas

djas Graffiti User

Mrs has put in her order today she said. She seems happy enough. I wonder if I can make use of her 12.9 as a 2nd monitor. Anyone has a how-to? I am not that knowledgeable with the Apple eco-system.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Use Duet Display in the Apple Store - it let's you physically connect your Windows laptop to the iPP by cable, then runs software on the Windows device and iPP that lets you extend your desktop to the iPP and has worked well for me with the iPP 10.5 and a Surface Pro 4, Surface Book 2, and now with the Samsung GB12.

There are other solutions that use WiFi so long as yo are on the same network, but I think the direct cable connect is the most stable. Downside is that it drains the battery on the iPad because it won't charge from your device while connected.

djas likes this.
  4. djas

djas Graffiti User

Thanks @dstrauss .

Q: I'm currently Miracast directly to the Note 10. Used TwoMonUSB quite awhile ago but the companion Win10 software is win32. Is the Duet software similar.

I'm on Win10 S Mode so win32 is a no go. I think if the Mrs agree, I just bring it to IT and instructed them to sort it out

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Lots of great info in that post, thanks! I was going to say "glad you joined TPCR!", turns out you joined already six years ago! I mean I'm still glad, I just thought you were a TPCR newbie :D

6. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Price of ipad pro 11 for what it offers is pretty good in US @ $750, It's the Europeans, South Asians and South Americans, who have to pay roughly double that.

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I think it is Win32 - sorry about that. It's more like a display driver and behaves like a real external monitor - I've only tried Miracast a few times and felt it lagged way to much for my anti-hourglass mentality...

djas likes this.
  8. djas

djas Graffiti User

No worries. I'm just so comfortable Miracast to every screen at home and work.

Hopefully other Apple users here can assist. TIA

You know what? If IT can resolve this, I can have a 3 screens mobile solution consisting of MS, Apple & Samsung. How crazy is that?

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Interesting some reviews said the keyboard they got for the air was pretty much the Pro keyboard as it say for the Pro on the box.

10. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

So, she's going to read piano music on a mini? I'm so curious to hear how that plays out. I do feel like my 12.9 is kind of ridiculous and like I would get more overall utility out of something smaller, but I can't imagine going smaller with the sheet music.