ipad mini 5 on the way

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Cuberdon75, Oct 24, 2018.

1. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Indeed. I'll find it very difficult not to get one. My iPad mini LTE was nigh perfect, just lacking the Pencil.

At the time I started bailing out on Apple last year—when I had a Mac mini 2014, iPhone SE, and iPad mini LTE—I was convinced they were all dead end products, that Apple wouldn't update any of them. Looks like I was wrong about two out of the three. But that's a good thing.

WillAdams and dstrauss like this.
  2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I really, really wanted a mini 5 (For drone stuff). Oh well.

dstrauss likes this.
  3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Same here. Was really holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

In that list only the Mini was updated so far. How would that be two of three?

5. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The iPad Mini is a pretty firm rumor and I'm not surprised that wasn't announced this week. It was always a spring product (the last update was in the spring, anyway) which is when the rumor says it's coming out.

6. KlickSter123

KlickSter123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope this happens soon! :(

7. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Because there really isn't much market space in-between the larger phones such as the Note 8/9 and the smaller tablets such as the Galaxy Book 10 or Surface Go.

Samsung apparently did one and marketed it to businesses --- not sure how it's done or if still available.

8. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yup. I like the innovations Microsoft show in their future tech videos - if only they would do something about making AES as good in feel as EMR. Wacom upped their game with edge drift and accuracy but it's time to really develop the trig technology.

However, strangely, the mobile phone apps that once looked like the future are holding the technology they sit on back. Android which was the agreement by phone makers for a joint OS to rival iOS should be dumped but is Chrome really the future? Everyone outside Apple knows iOS as it is has huge faults that Apple seem unwilling to change or deal with while people keep buying the existing iPads.

I'd like the idea more if there wasn't a great big line halfway across the screen. A screen that unrolls - yes, a screen that folds or two screens with a big black line down the middle - not for me. You couldn't write notes or draw art over the middle 3/4 inch of your screen.

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

THIS is what really gives me hope for a revitalized iPad Mini 5. Apple knows that Samsung (thank you Dr. Kuo) is marketing this as a tablet that you can fold up into a phone. Apple will not have a folding device until 2020 or later. The Galaxy X/F is going to come in at $1500-$1800 (some say north of $2000 depending upon SSD). So this Spring Apple drops an 8" iPad Mini with A10X and Apple Pencil support for $450 (64gb), $550 (128gb), and $689 (128gb + LTE) as a challenge to the fablet - that's almost too Apple to be true, but I think this is where the battle is headed in the short run.

And I get my moleskin companion for my GB12...awesome...:cool:

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Problem with that would be pen tech would be different between the GB12 and iPad Mini.