ipad mini 5 on the way

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Cuberdon75, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

oh please....please let it have Apple Pencil Support.

wytn and WillAdams like this.
  3. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

perhaps it will, if only to make up for the lack of pencil support on the iphone that many were expecting?

WillAdams likes this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@Bronsky - iPad Mini 5 is definitely happening, and strong rumor it will have the same type screen and Apple Pencil support as the iPad 2018 - tell me you're not the least bit tempted for an 8" .65# note taking device (think Asus Note 8 with reliable engineering - and 3 oz lighter)...

wytn and Bronsky like this.
  5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My guess is @Bronsky couldn't care less if the iPad mini came with a flying carpet. The man's got all the tech he needs in his surface Go and GN5.
    Well, for me, the idea is a bit intriguing, but I dread the price

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Bronsky likes this.
  6. dstrauss

Just a little secret - @Bronsky has NEVER gotten over the disappearance of 8" form factor note takers, and despite his strong preference for Windows, he has dabbled in Android, and despite his further expressed refusal to learn yet another OS, the iPad Mini is going to turn his head at the very least (plus it will lead to the rest of the family pushing him back into the iPhone fold)...:vbwink:

As for price of the mythical (unicorn) iPad Mini 5, my bet is it is going to be the junior version of the plain iPad 9.7, which means lesser screen with Apple Pencil support, and 128gb SSD at $349 with WiFi and $449 with LTE...:thumbsup: The point being that the iPad and iPad Mini are going to be the companion devices in the lineup for true Macolites (Pro, desktop, etc.) and us Windows Neanderthals, while the iPad Pro is being positioned to (ultimately) replace the MacBook. In effect Apple is avoiding the entire 2-in-1 craze by upping the software game on iOS rather than merging the two.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@dstrauss, now about that iPad mini with pencil support, could you run it by me once again. I can’t seem to put it off my mind. I’ve been having one of those Dale itching. Is it really coming in 2days time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

^ Pulling heart strings and setting up the active stylus addicted TPCR forum populace for a mass suicide. We are literally not allowed to have a stylus 8 incher with good battery life even though it is one of the most sensible and useful form factors.

At least there is that low res, heavy 8 inch Samsung active 2 that is nigh impossible to buy except for business owners. Thank God.

- Salty Sam, the Salty af Sam 2018

9. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. dstrauss

First - let's not get our hopes up to high for a reveal on Tuesday - it may be too pedestrian a device to muck up their highbrow iPad Pro party, and even Kuo said it could be a spring 2019 thing, but I still feel like they have sensed enough demand for the Mini that it will get a nod Tuesday.

Second - my thinking on the pencil support is that since they already did it on the "lowly" iPad 2018, and Kuo says they are using a lower quality screen (relative to the iPad Pro line) then Pencil support across ALL iPads would make a lot of sense. Why leave one conspicuous outlier in their message that iPad's are just another computer?

We'll know in 48 hours...I hope...

wytn likes this.