iPad-like Apps on HP Slate - would you use them - do you want them?

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by TheWerewolf, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

I would really like the Metro UI ported to win7. I have the EXOPC and like the GUI layer but as a Zune user since 2006 I really like the metro UI and think it would be cool to have it on my exopc.

So I would like to use it.

2. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Much appreciated :D

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Alot of the painting apps are pretty good on the Ipad - but the Ipads lack of ram induces some pretty horrid limitations such as a maximum of six layers, and nothing even close to the minimum 300 dpi resolution standard that any professional artist would work at.

And the lack of Pressure & Hovering and just general discomfort of using a capacative stylus makes the overall experience of doing art on the Ipad pretty dreadful.

But if those painting apps ran on the HP Slate, the Ram limitiations and lack of pen support wouldn't be an issue and the apps would run phenominally.

No need for Sketchbook Pro or Artrage since they already have better PC enabled versions, but Art Studio & Brushes would rock on the HP Slate.

4. TheWerewolf

TheWerewolf Care for a bite?

Assuming I don't get sued by Microsoft, I hope to have someting out sooner than later. :)

I can look into it - mind you - one of my goals is to make this hook up WP7 apps without recompiling, so hopefully apps like that will come to WP7 :)

5. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

6. daytripper

daytripper Road Warrior

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.