iPad Keyboard Base

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Steve S, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

siddhartth likes this.
  2. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

Neat, but the fixed angle is sub-optimal. I haven’t looked around but I imagine someone has come out with a clamshell version that the iPad would pop into, or perhaps a partial clamshell where the top back is just a flat magnetic hinged backing that would accommodate any size iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

JoeS likes this.
  5. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

... and without a trackpad.

6. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I’m running on a iPad Air that was released in 2019, have the iPad keyboard cover and cover buddy. It’s perfect because I can store my pen on the back of my iPad in a silo, it provides a nice tilt and while I would love to have a trackpad, this setup now has replaced 99% of all my computing needs.

For the 1% I have a thinkpad X1 Extreme.

7. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

I got an 11” iPad Pro over the holidays and after a few weeks I think I’m interested in a keyboard base of some kind. The new floating keyboard in iOS 13 has been a huge improvement but sometimes it would be nice to have the real thing. What I really wish I could do is just slap the Surface Go keyboard on it. I was at the Microsoft store again today pawing the Go and imagining transplanting its kickstand and keyboard to the iPad. They’re so close in size!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Has anyone here had an opportunity to test the new Magic Keyboard (juvenile name if you ask me)?

I would like to know if you can attach the iPad in portrait mode and run it without tipping over.

siddhartth likes this.
  9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Unless someone buys one online and gets it shipped to them....most of us Tablet PC folk in the US won't get the chance to play with the new magic keyboard for a while. In the US.....the most common places to try out Apple products is usually either the nearest Apple Store or Best Buy....and..because of the Covid Pandemic.....all Apple Stores and Best Buys are closed. At least all the ones in the NYC area are......maybe in some states less effected like Idaho or Wyoming....but major hub and coastal cities are pretty much shut down till....likely mid-May or June (best case scenario). Even the few stores that sell iPads that are still open because they are essential....like Target or Staples....don't typically have accessories like keyboard covers on demo.

although I was indeed wondering the same question if it could connect in Portrait mode. Sadly this review makes a point that it cannot be used in Portrait mode.

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/t...s-expensive-but-perfect-companion-to-ipad-pro

Kumabjorn likes this.
  10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

As I feared. Was hoping it used Bluetooth instead of pogo pins.
    Seen a bunch of reviews on YouTube and not one can be bothered to mention portrait mode, or lack thereof.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk