Invert colors of pdf file?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by spsuninja, Dec 6, 2013.

1. tsttm

tsttm Pen Pal - Newbie

the only reason i started this thread is because that doesn't change the way pdf appear. I already have my windows theme & everything i view set to high contrast with black background.

thanks for the thought though!

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

It doesn't help right now, but try posting it as a feature request on the Foxit website. They do seem pretty responsive to customer requests.

3. soupstreet

soupstreet Pen Pal - Newbie

Please help me out.

I am using adobe reader X and acrobat X, both on windows 7.
    I'll be greatfull if I can get a solution in any of the softwares.
    I need to take a printout of a graphic image in negative.
    That is : The graphic design is in Black color and background in White.

I have read the earlier posts and I know how to view the inverted colors from Accessibility option.

Please help me to figure out to take a print out of the same in negative colors - meaning : White Design and Black Background.
    Also, if someone can let me know how to take a print out of the same - required section only - in the same reversed colors *IMPORTANT* The print out shall be in the same ratio.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. soupstreet

soupstreet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone,

I am using Adobe reader X and Acrobat X, both ; on Windows 7.
    I want to take out a negative print out of a graphic design.
    The design is originally in black, while background is white.

I did see the earlier posts and it helped me to view the design in inverse colors.

But I want a print out of the negative of that design.
    Also, I only require that specific region where the design is there. Other part (all black background) is not required.
    I cannot take a screenshot to print it out because it is a graphics' design and the Ratio needs to be 1:1 for accuracy.

Please guide me how to go about it. Whether this software can help me or some other can do the needful.
    I'l; be really glad if someone can give me a good suggestion!

5. MattDets99

MattDets99 Pen Pal - Newbie

I invert colors to white on black using the Accessibility section of Adobe Reader X, as well. While this works on the majority of PDF's, there are many that will not change to white on black. Does anyone know why this would be?
    I've experimented with the options under the Accessibility section with no luck, other than checking the box "Change the color of the line art as well as the text", which makes music tabs and scores viewable.

Thanks f

6. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are they scans of pages or screen grabs of text put into a pdf file?

Open the file in Photoshop / Illustrator / Inkscape - they all handle pdfs and you can select and invert the required area unless the file has security protection on.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  7. MattDets99

I will try that, thank you

8. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you wrote this bit - "No, they are not. They are PDF"s downloaded frorm TotallyGuitars.com" - I downloaded a pdf of Scarborough Fair from the totally guitars website.
    Adobe Acrobat handles pdf text as expected and musical annotations are made white on black but the score lines (? is that the right term?) the notes are on does not change so all I could see were the white notes on a black page in Acrobat with accessibility changed.
    I imported it into Inkscape and the Guitar-Pro-5 font was missing but I could see that the score lines and stalks (? right term?) of the musical notes are built from vector lines. Same thing in Illustrator - but they can be edited.

You could download or buy the font so it shows up in Illustrator / Inkscape and then in document setup - change the page background and then edit the colours of your vector strokes to white.

Another option I see is to download a font extractor if you can't find Guitar-Pro-5 - some extractors will allow you to save your extracted font as a TrueType and re-use it.

Alternately contact Totally Guitars and see if they can export the pdfs in other colours when they are first produced - you won't be the only person with accessibility requirements.

9. MattDets99

Thanks doobiedoobiedum! I appreciate the help.

10. spsuninja

spsuninja Pen Pal - Newbie