Intuos Pro System Requirements

Discussion in 'Artists' started by kurt corbin, May 26, 2018.

1. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Pen Pal - Newbie

I've about decided to get an Intuos Pro Medium, but I also need a new computer. For system requirements, Wacom says nothing about what CPU, GPU, RAM, port, cable, Bluetooth version, display, etc. are required to get the best performance. Any advice about those?

I'm thinking I'll get a 1080p computer, and a 2160p extended display. Should I get a computer without pen or touch to prevent a conflict with the Intuos drivers? In general would it be possible to use the 2160p as my canvas and keep my tools and palette on the 1080p?

Would replacing the USB-C to USB-A cable with a USB-C to USB-C cable help? Would Thunderbolt 3 help?

Would Bluetooth 5.0 help?

How much RAM should I have?

Should I get an external GPU? Gaming or CAD? In the computer or in a dock?

What specs for the external display?

CPU?

Anything else?

Thanks

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Asking what spec as needed is similar to what specs are needed for a mouse. It is an input device.

3. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, so I will revise my question to ask what computer specs are needed to meet the most demanding art software.

CNET's review of the intuos Pro has this: "There's also still lag within applications such as Photoshop when using large or complex brushes." They blame the lag on the Intuos hardware (or drivers?), but how do they know it's not their compuer hardware that is unable to meet the demands of Photoshop, or for that matter, the demands of the Intuos?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018