Internet Explorer 7 Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sassafras, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sassafras

Sassafras Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey guys..I am here cause I have a problem with IE7. I have a dell laptop that I've installed IE7 on, BUT when I go to open a new tab, the program closes without any error messages. Do any of you out there have any ideas. I did this awhile back on an older dell, and slate of mine and had no issues. My new tablet came with IE7 standard. I am trying to help a friend out so any advice would be appreciative. I have checked all the options, etc to make sure the proper boxes are marked.

thanks all
    -Sass

2. desdamon

desdamon Scribbler - Standard Member

reinstall IE . . . better yet . . . get firefox, IE is junk . . . and IE7 is even more junk.

3. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would suggest doing an IE7 repair install as well. Additionally, you could go to Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer, click on the Internet Explorer or System tab and see if there are any error log entries there. Those might help.

4. Ebenezer

Ebenezer Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all!

I did encounter the problem of having IE 7 close itself when a few tabs are opened.

I used to think malware was the cause.

However, I did a reset of IE 7, which disabled all the add-ons and it worked. Even after re-enabling all the add-ons, this problem seems to have disappeared. (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset)

Do remember to bookmark any typed in web addresses that you may wanna keep as the reset removes them and the homepage as well.

Regards,
    Ebenezer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.