Intel Wireless manager screwed up?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Barry J. Doyle, Mar 20, 2007.

1. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

this intel wireless manager seems to be screwed up...!! today suddenly it stopped connecting to my wireless router, just says unable to connect to 'default'. also said once 'unable to apply profile default'. i dunno why this suddenly happened. even when i deleated the profile and created a new one it gave me the same problem. then i tried windows wireless manager and it connected withot any problem.

this happened to me before, just after i purchased this, that time nothing worked and i had to reformat my computer!! but can't do this all the time its just unpractical. that time i had the old intel drivers, this time i have the updated drivers.

is anyone else also facing/has faced this problem??

2. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

why bother using the intel wifi manager? It is just another layer of resource thieving* err... usefully made software that does exactly what windows can do.

I remove all of the management software that is paired with a new pc and give windows control. I did update drivers though from the latest intel manager though.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Perhaps you might use "System Restore" in Windows and restore to a time when the profile worked properly.