Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG disconnect form internet

Discussion in 'Asus' started by JeromeMorrow, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeromeMorrow

JeromeMorrow Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have a new problem with my Asus R1F, when I am connected to the internet in my WiFi router´s home... everything goes ok, but usually I loose the connection, and I have to restart the tabletpc.

I have installed the latest version of the Intel card, bus every thing seems to be the same.

Any body of you have the same problem and solved it?

Thanks

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi JeromeMorrow,

How far away are you roughly from the router? If it's no more than a few feet (or meters) away, there definitely seems to be a problem with either the wireless card or the router.

Have you experienced the same problem with any other wireless-capable system (notebook or desktop), if any?

Instead of restarting the system entirely, have you tried repairing the connection of the wireless card? Disabling and then enabling the wireless card to pick up the wireless signal?

Did you have any problems with an earlier version of the wireless card driver? If so, try an even earlier version.

3. JeromeMorrow

JeromeMorrow Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

The distance between the router and the laptop is around 5 meters, in the same room.

I have also a Dell Insipiron, with the same wifi card and seems to works properly at the moment.

Yes I tried to disabling in the control panel. It is estrange, I deselected the mode "a" of the card, restarted the system, and again I selected the mode "a" with the others... And now seems to be ok in this session...

I will try with other version.

Thanks

4. Vinch

Vinch Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have an Asus R1F and am expericencing the same issue. With the latest Intel drivers, you can usually flip the wireless switch off and back on and it should reconnect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.