Intel Iris Xe Graphics Card Debuts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Steve S, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

An interesting move for Intel. As a non-gamer who likes to push as many monitors as I can, I like how that's one of Intels objectives for this. I do somewhat wish they would sell this on their own,

"Intel is teaming up with Asus and other partners to sell these cards to system integrators who will bundle them with prebuilt systems."

but even the article stressed going toe to toe with AMD and Nvidia is clearly not their intent at this moment.

I would be very interested in how these new graphics card options could help grow into NUC type devices.

3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We hear rumors of a "content creation" oriented NUC in the works from InteL set for mid this year including the highest end version of the dedicated XE card with 8GB DDR5 RAM

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Color me intrigued. I adore the concept of decently powerful mini-desktops. I very nearly plunked down for a Hades Canyon months ago, but its age and the somewhat concerning support for its Vega Graphics made me hold off, and the recent NUC 9 with its larger/modular design was a little too large for my taste since my current small frame desktop is only marginally bigger. For these new cards I'm going to assume this newer Content Creation NUC (Either the rumored Panther or Phantom Canyon) will probably be more in line with the size of the recent NUC 9, but if they could scale it down to something closer to the Hades Canyon, I would very likely plunk down.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator