Intel HD Graphic driver - released

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by CF77, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

bb_145 - thank you so much. You did it! Genius!

2. bb_145

bb_145 Pen Pal - Newbie

You're welcome- glad I could help someone after all the help other users have provided me.

Though the thanks should go to crazyt... I wouldn't have known where to start without his link.

3. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

Sadly, I installed Minecraft and wasn't able to get anywhere near the performance (it was unplayable on lowest settings) I was getting when I had Windows 7 on the tablet. I think the EP-121 with Windows 8 still needs an official driver.

4. goat

goat Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm hoping an official driver is released for the October 26th market release of Windows.

5. SpaDe

SpaDe Pen Pal - Newbie

With new drivers not running Angry Birds =) (all of them, except Bad Piggies)
    Said that OpenGL 2.0 not supported.

With stock Intel drivers works fine, but YouTube videos on IE10 not showing, and screen changing gamma by itself.
    Also when I got back to stock drivers and ATK spontaneous touch clicks on lower corner returned.

6. xn1337

xn1337 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    tried the method mentioned for the Intel driver on Windows 8, I have an issue where If I turn off testmode my driver will stop working because it is not signed.
    I see some have got this method to work, is there a certain way people are doing this or can this not be don't on Windows 8 Pro RTM?

7. goat

goat Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey,

All of you using RTM Windows or possible even a retail version: if you run Windows Update now you will get a signed version of the driver from Microsoft:

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
    Driver Date : 12/10/09
    Driver Version : 8.15.10.2858
    Digital Signer : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I tested a program that requires openGL 2.1 and that works, so this is better then the previous situation; maybe they'll make improvements to it as well.

8. bb_145

bb_145 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Goat! That's great news. I checked Windows update several times this morning, and it wasn't there, but it is there now. Works like a charm!

9. Rob_Oppie

Rob_Oppie Pen Pal - Newbie

I put in the latest 704 BIOS then installed WIN 8 retail version and did all the Window updates - and did no other special driver installs.

That gave me the Intel Display Driver Version: 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2858 dated 09-Oct-12.

The Windows Experience Index (WEI) detail report says I am still using DirectX 10, but the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag) says it is version 11. (See How to determine the version of DirectX by using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool for info on dxdiag)

The OpenGL Extensions Viewer gives much more detailed info.

It shows that:
    OpenGL 2.1 is 100% supported .
    OpenGL 3.0 has 82% of its features implemented.
    OpenGL 3.1 has 75%
    OpenGL 3.2 has 50%
    OpenGL 3.3 had 10%
    and OpenGL 4.0 thru 4.3 has 0%

10. MarkV26

MarkV26 Pen Pal - Newbie

What Windows 8 experience scores are you seeing in this case? My gaming and business graphics scores are still much lower than I have seen a few others indicate.

2.3 (business) and 3.1 (gaming).

Is the method to roll back to a WIn 7 Intel HD driver still providing better performance ?