Intel Haswell kicks in,my ModBook Pro ordering gets delayed.

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by Aman, May 30, 2013.

1. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

From Wikipedia,
    Expected Performance of Haswell Processors,Compared to Ivy Bridge processor:
    1)Twice the vector processing performance.
    2)A 10% increase in sequential CPU performance (8 execution ports per core versus 6).
    3)Up to double the performance of the integrated GPU. (Haswell GT3e vs Ivy Bridge HD4000)

Here is my conversation between ModBook Pro sales team online through emails:

"
    On May 4, 2013, at 9:39 PM, Aman Shah wrote:

Thanks!
    I hope to be a part of Modbook Community very soon!
    Intel is launching Haswell processors,a successor to Ivy Bridge Processor.
    Apple and most others manufacturers will be launching updated products with Haswell Processsors next month or so.
    Are there any plans for updating the ModBook Pro with more latest and advanced Haswell Processores,from the Ivy Bridge Processor.
    If yes,I would wait for some more time to order the ModBook Pro with Haswell Processor.

Once again thanks a lot for such a great consumer support!

Sent from my iPad
    "
    "
    ( On 7 May 2013 12:02:45 AM IST )
    Dear Aman,

I did discuss this with our design team and here's what I've found out.

We have not announced any formal plans for updates to the Modbook Pro.

That said, it is possible that if/when the processor on the MacBook Pro base system is upgraded in June (or whenever it might be) that the Modbook Pro would also get an upgrade to accommodate the change.

For that reason, it could make sense if you would like to wait (as you suggested) until we've announced what will happen with the processor.

Best Regards,

Lance A.
    Customer Sales Team Lead
    "
    I am also looking at working on Heavy 3D CAD Drawings.
    I do heavy car designing,with photoshop with Canvas size of around 24000 * 12000 pixels approximately with all vehicle side/front/back/too profile views on the same canvas.

Apart from this,here was another Conversation between ModBook Pro sales team and Me:

"
    On May 15, 2013, at 7:56 AM, Aman Shah wrote:

Thanks!
    I think,Windows 8 Pro should be also considered,for offering,as an option.
    Windows 7 Pro will stop getting Microsoft support & updates,much before windows 8 will, and hence I think,windows 8 Pro will provide consumers a better longer term support and will provide access to even better and much modern touch interface.

Thanks!
    "

"
    (on 15 May 2013 10:22:12 PM IST)
    Dear Aman,

This is something undergoing consideration.

We appreciate the message.

Best Regards,

Lance A.
    Customer Sales Team Lead
    "
    What is your opinion,should I wait or should I ask my dad to place an order now?
    Looking at a expert advice.

Regards,
    -Aman.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

I'm not an expert but if you'll be waiting for the latest and greatest, all you'll ever do is wait and never buy anything...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Once you get the refund from Fujitsu and your father is willign to buy you a unit, go for whatever is available in the modbook pro. I doubt it will be anytime soon they implent changes to a machine that they are still newly producing. They are a tiny company afterall. If you wait for anything, wait for solid artist reviews of the current modbook pro.

4. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks!I too think that I should order now at the end of June.
    Any other comments are welcome.