Installing Windows 7 beta on ST5032

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by darrylk, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

If I may ask, what version of the Intel Graphics driver are you using? I have been struggling with the latest version (either from Fujitsu, Microsoft, or Intel) for W7 which, when installed, produces significantly high CPU usage in igfxext.exe (30%-50% constantly without end).

My only fix so far is to use either the driver that installs by default upon W7 installation and not update it at all (but it's missing the Intel control panel and options to modify OpenGL properties like anisotropic filtering), or to "downgrade" to the last Vista driver which appears to work properly and not suck CPU cycles.

So far, I have not found any answers. OH, and I'm working on an ST5112.

2. bluespire

bluespire Pen Pal - Newbie

Ç Mobile lntel(R) 915GMÆMS,91OGML Express Chipset
    - Family
    Driver Provider:
    Driver Date:
    Driver Version:
    Digital Signer:
    Intel Corporation
    1/13/2007
    Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility
    Publisher

this is what I installed from windows update.

3. qhorque

Ahhh. Ok, thank you for the info. Apparently your Intel chipset is different from what I have in the ST5112 (Intel 945/950, I believe) compared to the 915/910 you have.

As long as the Vista drivers work for me, I guess I am ok. Still would like the W7 drivers to work with W7 though!

4. wirelesspirate

wirelesspirate Pen Pal - Newbie

Trying to boot my Tablet ST5032 from USB to install Windows 7. Is that possible or do I need the dock?? Thanks guys

5. bluespire

bluespire Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure. Just try it, if it will boot from USB, then you should not have any problems through the install, since we know windows will install from USB, you only have to consider if the BIOS will.

6. qhorque

Yeah, provided the BIOS can select the USB as a boot source. I did that with my ST5112 (booted to a USB thumb drive and an external USB enclosure with a hard drive in it) but can't with the P5020D which I guess is too old to have that as an option.

You also have to make sure the USB key supports a bootable configuration. Some USB keys won't do it even when you install the software properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.