Installing and using the Windows 8 Release Preview

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by chapmattman, Jun 1, 2012.

1. SpaDe

SpaDe Pen Pal - Newbie

Very good ver.
    Someone has troubles with YouTube videos on IE Metro? I have an error when trying to watch video. But adds play well :(
    Other flash works fine.

2. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

UPDATE.

All has been working, only a couple annoying little things... the volume rockers and G sensor are not working even with an install of the drivers that fixed it on the CP.

Other small annoyance is that in Gmail, and in no other program, when on the desktop, if I use my finger to drag up or down it opens the email I had my finger on.

With only a couple months until the final release I think I am OK to go forward with the tablet as-is.

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

How many are you still running Win 8 RP?

4. justin1230

justin1230 Pen Pal - Newbie

Im still using it because it has a better battery performance and with the fast boot time :D
    But the main problem is the display driver do not allow openGL at the moment and some bugs..

5. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

I am. So much better on the EP-121 than Windows 7.

I'm having trouble with the Metro apps finding videos and music on my network drives but I expect that will be fixed as they improve the apps. The desktop side of Win 8 finds them just fine.

6. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

So, from reading through this thread, Artrage and Sketchbook Pro are working fine with Windows 8 RP? Including pressure sensitivity?

Any other issues popping up?

7. Houston

Houston Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm still using and liking it. Better performance I think than Win 7, but there are bugs - obviously.

8. davidab

davidab Pen Pal - Newbie

I've used the DP, then the CP and now the RP. I'm actually having more problems with the RP than anything else, and in particular with IE10.
    Sometimes when using Facebook, it locks up. Not completely - I can open the charms bar, but can't select anything. Sometimes I can get the Task Manager open and kill the process, but not always.
    I also have occasional problems 'right-clicking' in IE10 by pressing and holding the stylus. This might be specific to the EP121. I have an old HP TM-2 as well, and don't seem to get this problem on that machine.

I have another issue, but don't know if it is Win 8 or not. I currently have to do a lot of work from home using Remote Desktop via a VPN. It seems to gradually slow down, so that after a few hours it can take a second or so for a click or key press to register. Rebooting my PC and logging in again speeds it up. However I have no experience of using this system on any other operating system, so can't say if it is Win8, or some network issue.

9. Titi66200

Titi66200 Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows Update found Gsensor Drivers