Installation issues? How to install software packages .apk files for asus eee note?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by gochi, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gochi

gochi Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  2. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

To install muViewer and CoolReader, the simplest solution is to install the Qt Package Manager (QtPacker) and use that to install the packages you want. You can find a link to download QtPacker in this post, and instructions to install it in this post. QtPacker should install the link to the pbarrette feed, so you can install any of those apps using QtPacker.

I'm not sure how to install HyperNote these days, since it has been migrated to GitHub. But a quick scan suggests it works the same as all the other Eee Note installers: i.e. copy all the files onto an SD card. There should be a file called dvt_check in the root directory. Put the SD card in the EeeNote and power cycle the Note. Follow any on-screen instructions.

You can find info about the replacement launcher in this post. I haven't used it myself. I think it's a work in progress, so probably only suitable for advanced users.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. gochi

gochi Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you very much.

jsut a question:

Am I supposed to delete the dvt_check file and all installation files after the install? (in the SD card)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

Most install scripts will rename dvt_check during installation, so that when you reboot the Eee Note it doesn't try and install the software again. Sometimes an install script will instruct you to remove the SD Card at the end of installation, before rebooting the Eee Note. If so, then you would probably need to delete or rename dvt_check to prevent it from running again next time you reboot with the SD Card in the slot.

Once you have installed software from SD Card you don't usually need to keep the installation files on the SD Card. Usually the files that are needed to run the software are copied onto the internal SD Card during installation, so you don't need to leave them on the external SD Card. You can delete the files to save space on the external SD Card.