Install XP on the new tx2500 (tx2524ca in this case)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by forrestsun, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arctic

Arctic Pen Pal - Newbie

Im having the following problem:

I slipstream the drivers and burn to a DVD, ive tried all the drivers and only the SATA drivers. Im using Tablet Edition, once it gets done preloading all the stuff and is about to show me the partitions i get a BSOD. the number code is the same as the BSOD in post #53

im not sure what to do.

2. Triny

Triny Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all

I am on this thread because i want to buy the tx2500 and downgrade it to XP pro since most of the applications that i have run only on XP (checked to see if there were patches for vista but alas NO). Having said this, my first question is I have a spare XP Pro license (dont have the table PC 2005 edition) do i still need to buy the entire XP Pro Tablet 2005 edition or can i just buy the tablet PC Module (ie 2 nd CD that i keep reading about). This confusion was further enhanced by this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_Media_Center_Edition#Windows_XP_Tablet_PC_Edition where it states that "The Tablet PC version released in August 2004 (codenamed Lonestar) as part of Windows XP Service Pack 2. The 2005 edition is available as a service pack upgrade, or as a new OEM version" Also in the next line it says "Service Pack 2 for Windows XP includes Tablet PC Edition 2005 and is a free upgrade". Now do i still need to buy the entire tablet PC edition OS or is it that XP Pro + SP2 = tablet PC 2005? May be all the semantics on the different websites are throwing me off! Please help me understand. Thanks in advance to all that respond.

3. eksempel_123

eksempel_123 Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Arctic

Arctic Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks dude, i slip streamed those drivers and it worked fine. unfortunately i dont have a tablet edition key so im forced to use regular xp =[. oh well

5. forrestsun

forrestsun Scribbler - Standard Member

I am pretty sure if you install the sp2 on a xp pro it won't install the tablet components, only the existing tablet version will install the sp2 with tablet feature upgrades.

6. Triny

Triny Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, that makes it clear. But can i just get CD2 (of the tablet PC edition) and try installing using the XP pro license that i have.....OR do you think i will need a new tablet PC edition key? I just dont want to waste the current XP Pro licence that i have.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

No, you need an XP Tablet key for it to ask for the 2nd CD, even if you integrate both disks it will not use the tablet components, unless you use a tablet edition key

8. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

Alright, i just updated my driver pack:
    http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/home

I got 3 of out 4 buttons to work, and I wrote a small program to take care of the DVD & Media Center buttons.
    No Unknown device is showed, I got drivers for everything.

The only thing left to do, looks like it gonna be to find new SATA drivers, as the one provided right now doesn't support S.M.A.R.T.

I formatted my XP partition over 7 times in the lasts 24 hours to make sure everything works, but I cannot fix everything, so if anything doesn't work, please let me know.

9. lvcian

lvcian Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, i was wondering if someone can help me. I just recently purchased this tablet pc and i have tried to install xp on it. It seems that the ATI video drivers for XP is causing it to crash.

At first i slipstreamed all the drivers into an XP CD with SP3 and tried to install it. It kept giving me a blue screen error with a message pertaining to ati2mtag.sys. I researched what ati2mtag.sys was and found that it is a part of the ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics drivers (which should be the correct drivers).

I managed to successfully install XP after I made a new slipstream without the ATI drivers. So my problem is, after the successful install i tried to re-install the drivers. Once again it gave me the ati2mtag.sys blue screen error. The drivers i used after the XP install are directly from the ATI Radeon Website for Windows XP.

Note: I can access safe mode but once i try to reboot it gives me the same ati2mtag.sys error.

10. tannalv

tannalv Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay... I am getting BSOD'ed on every attempt of installing. With an "0x0000007B"-message. I would suppose it is the HDD-controller that ïs behind that message. Beacuse I've tried the HDD on an other computer, xp install works fine there. I've tried other HDD's. Still BSOD'ing me.
    And yes, I have tried slipstreaming all drivers collected by agashka (thank you agashka!). Still just a blue screen.
    Have also tried F6 upon install-start. It asks for some weird .oem-file I don't have.

So any other thoughts of what I could try? Any ideas would be much appriciated. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.