Install XP on the new tx2500 (tx2524ca in this case)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by forrestsun, Jun 30, 2008.

1. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm sure, but, may I ask why?
    You know that the drivers on my website are different then the ones in the first page: they have been 'ripped' from their installer.
    the advantage of this are:
    Keep the system clean
    Somewhat faster to install
    Can be slipstreamed to a Windows CD
    More portable (all drivers = 18mb)

I could separate them into different folders, if it's what you mean, but is they any particular reason you want that? Or, did you refer to the full installer?

edit: on a side note: I'm getting closer to resolve the issue with the coordination, I will work on Quickplay after.
    edit: after MANY hours of searches, all i can find is the file pen_tablet.dat in Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\
    that maybe could be modified somehow to make the rotation works.
    The file can be open with notepad, and i've discovred, if you delete it , on next boot it will recreate it.

edit #3:
    how cool is that? i worked all the day into getting stuff to work.
    1. I think i could fix the rotate button: rotate 90 with the ATI tool, then rotate 180 (from the 90) with another tool, that wouldn't change the input. That's a little cheap though

2. I've got the DVD and the other button remapped to rotate my screen (180) & launch Xbox Media Center.(good Media Center alternative) I'm gonna make a 'small installer pack' or something alike so it will be easy to get this working without much hassle.

3. I can't get the 2 others button to work as for now.

4. Power Play via ATI CCC works, witch is good news.

5. I still can't get S.M.A.R.T. info about my HDD
    Thank You,
    Vincent

2. overmax

overmax Pen Pal - Newbie

3. eksempel_123

eksempel_123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Removal: Your windows will say "your system didnt start properly blah blah" select safemode in the list. Or start the computer and press F8. A list will come up, select Safe mode here too. Once you are in, Start>Control Panel> Add or remove software . Now, find "ATi Driver" (or something like it) and uninstall it. Reboot. If this does'nt do the trick, un-install all the things with "ATI".

http://count.mydrivers.com/download...ers.com/display/amd_radeon_cat8_8_beta_xp.zip Beta driver. Works 100% for me :) happy

4. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

That's interesting.
    The most important driver to Slipstream is at least, the SATA one, that's why it got it's own folder, since the others ones, well, *might* make some problems to slipstream, but they are all fine to installed AFTER windows installation.

I had a similar problem, all BSOD's i've had was because of the video drivers, they were bad version of the ATI. Those included into my slipstream pack should be working fine.
    Yesterday i was messing with some more drivers and came to a BSOD, and now my tablet won't boot at all even in safe mode, time for another format.

But i'm curious about the driver you supplied in this thread, I'm going to check it out.

5. nagy_peter

nagy_peter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,
    my rotation button is working on the TX2500!!!
    I do not have time to describe everything, but is working! And I am telling the truth. I will describe my configuration later. I have installed the Pivot, wacom driver from hp site - for Windows Vista and it is working!!
    Peter

6. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, that looks like good news.

7. eksempel_123

eksempel_123 Pen Pal - Newbie

8. pineros

pineros Pen Pal - Newbie

First, I would like to thank you guys for all this valuable information and ressources.

Second, I would like to ask a question.

I am going to install Windows XP 32 bit with Tablet PC with this method. Is it possible to keep my current Vista 64-bit OS under one partition and install the new one in a new partition, so I can have a multiboot system?

Are there any things I should know first? Are there any issues with having these two OS? Will I be able to select which OS I would like to run at startup like I did with my old desktop?

Thanks a lot in advance.

9. forrestsun

forrestsun Scribbler - Standard Member

http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/2007/12/dual-booting-hp-tx1209-tablet-notebook.html

It sounds like you haven't done similar install with other system so it could be hard for you at first. If you have to do it, check the link above for a general idea. However the partition software recommended in that article doesn't work with tx2500. you have to either use vista build in partitioning or sth else.

The rest is pretty much covered in the thread and related thread. But if you dont' have to run xp for certain apps, no point bothering. Vista is fine.

10. nagy_peter

nagy_peter Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear all,
    can anybody confirm that the performance of the HD3200 is really slow under Windows XP? I tried lots of drivers, driver packs, manual installations of HD3200 and nothing helped. Once I had the rotation button working, but now it doesnt again. Can anybody give me exact advice what to do? And also links what exactly to download?Thanks a lot, I nearly can not sleep because of this.
    Peter