Install XP on the new tx2500 (tx2524ca in this case)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by forrestsun, Jun 30, 2008.

1. forrestsun

forrestsun Scribbler - Standard Member

ran cpu-z 1.46, when on powersaver mode, battery, the core speed shows 500mhz, multipler 2.5, then sometime it's 1000mhz and multiple 5. on the tx2000 800 is the lowest. Is this the 3 pstates you talked about?

the tx2000 cpu-z shows "stepping 2"; but the rm-70 is only " stepping 1"; what is this? i checked the zm also shows stepping 1 but it's using cpu-z version1.45 (eversong's results).

Btw, i found the fan on my tx2524ca comes on at high level much frequent than the tx2000, much louder, it did keep the bottom cooler than the tx2000 but it's annoying and will certainly offset any benefit the cpu is providng on battery life. Anyone else observe the same?

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You should check w/ MS or the MSDN program about your non functioning tablet pc edition key, b/c it if it didn't ask for the disk....its missing components.

3. kirkosa

kirkosa Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I have xp tablet 2500 cd1 and cd2 but I did slipstream with sp2/sp3 on a single dvd. I did create the single dvd with my tx2000 4 ;months ago.

Since then I made one DVD.
    Now, my tx2524ca is working fine. Windows journal is installed correctly nothing is missing. I checked when I read your previous post that you are missing windows journal.

Sorry, but your system is screwed, files are missing. You should do a fresh install or create a sliptream of CD1+CD2+SP2+SP3. That is what I did.

I had the same problem with the tx2000. I have seen my firewall didnt start, journal is not installed, control panel not opening or windows explorer page is white.I have seen all this.

4. kirkosa

kirkosa Pen Pal - Newbie

I have everything installed. Windows journal is there on the start window. I can run it but I cannot write on it with the pen or the nail. I have a dozen wacom entry listed in device manager. Nothing is missing. No yellow sign or missing driver.

5. kirkosa

kirkosa Pen Pal - Newbie

Did a fresh install of xp tablet
    Pen and touch started working right away.
    I dont know why they didnt work the first time I installed xp tablet.

But I remember that the first time I was installing xp tablet on the tx2500 I pressed f6 for the SATA drivers which is normal but before installing the drivers it did ask me Standard PC -i486 or Other
    I tried other but the install process refuse to move forward.
    I picked Standard PC -i486 and then proceeded with the installation.After that the pen and the touch didnt work at all.

What is strange is that, at my second fresh installed, I didnt get those choices. I pressed f6 and installed the SATA drivers.
    But the choice of Standard PC-i484 or Other didnt come.

Weird.

Anyway, I am glad I fixed my problem. Pen and Touch are working out of the box . I havent installed Wacom driver yet.

Yahhoooooooooo! This tablet is great. I love it, I love the tx2500. It is way faster than having my tx2000 with xp tablet on it. I havent done any test but I can see that.

Thanks.

6. forrestsun

This is encouraging. Are you using a UsB floppy for The sata driver ? ! did mine integrated using nlite. Could that be the reason that to didn't install the tough and digitizer? Guess home to run The install again

7. kirkosa

kirkosa Pen Pal - Newbie

I unzipped the SATA files and copied/pasted into a blank usb floppy drive mitsumi.

8. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, it saves power when it doesnt need the full power of the cpu by increasing to the intermediate power state.

Interesting that your RM70 goes down to 500MHz, the ZM81 goes down to 525MHz and my ZM86 only to 600MHz. Of course this doesnt matter much since the VID's are the same. But its interesting to see that AMD did this instead before where all the Turions downlocked to the same speed.

The stepping is 1 becasue it is the first version of the griffin series. Since cpu's are constantly evolving any changes(fix bugs etc) and improvements in manufacturing will result in increase of the stepping.

As for as the fans are concerned it does run always and although I cant compare to the tx2000 the fan runs more is noisier than my previous laptop(Compaq V3000z).

9. haxxormaster

haxxormaster tx2500 User

Would those SATA drivers also work for reinstalling vista?

10. forrestsun

You don't need sata driver for install vista.