Install XP on the new tx2500 (tx2524ca in this case)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by forrestsun, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

It's okay, I'm just not that good with words. Yes, I've done the whole nlite driver insertion as outlined by a site linked from this one. (http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/)
    with the tablet edition as well as the pro editions with sp1 and sp2.

As for the floppy with the drivers. I needed them when converting my gateway from vista to xp. I originally installed the SATA drivers via the floppy. It has several possibilities to install, I think it was labeled as the storage controller drivers. Like ACHI and RAID settings. But it requires the windows installer to load first and ask if you want to install thirdparty raid or scsi drivers; which is the part I cannot get to.

2. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, got it loaded with a different set of SATA drivers.
    Now just gotta figure out why I can't back it up. thanks anyways.

3. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, new question. How can I/is there a way to control the screen brightness like I could under vista? I'm talking about the actual power poured into the screen rather than adjusting the display color/contrast via catalyst.

4. Engreeks1

Engreeks1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm wondering how much of a performance improvement xp would be over vista. Have any of you run any benchmarks comparing clean versions of each? What about subjective experiences after making the switch?

5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

see http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?p=152747#post152747 for benchmarks ;)

@Graeth: in the Controlpanel go to "tablet and pen settings". in the new window go to display. sry if this isnt correct, i translated from german ;)

now my question. is there any option or program that starts special funktions like forward/backward, up/downon when i made fast movemets on the touchscreen, like i can do it in vista?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey guys I have a new big problem :(
    Im using a 19" Screen (1280x1024) as primary monitor, the Tx ones is secondary. Now when I'm using the touchscreen, the mouse is moving on the 19" , not on the Tx's screen :confused:
    Please can anyone help me to get the tochscreen work correctly?

7. ateixeir

ateixeir Pen Pal - Newbie

ferguson81, u´re the best!! thank u for the unique solution from web. i´m brazilian and have a tablet tx2540br and was under this solution at the last 3 past days. i´m warrior and dont desist never. thanks.

8. Mikan

Mikan Pen Pal - Newbie

Has there any progress been made on why the pen won't work? I've been reading through the threads, but people seemed to find that reinstalling tabletpc worked? I have tablet pc installed, yes it's definately tablet pc, but the pen still isn't working, should I just try to reinstall or is there another sollution? Yes it asked for the second disk as well, still no go.

Also I can't seem to find any wireless access points with the wireless driver installed, and I'm positive there are ones there as I had no trouble with vista installed, and I have other tablets that are having no problem connecting to my router.

9. aladin

aladin Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a problem when installing xp on my TX2500 ( called TX2508ca). I use nlite for build xp tablet with SATA AHCI controller from RAID7xx . I can run windows setup, create partition, format partition, copying file installation, But after restaRt, I show BSOD with text : IRQL_NOT LESS OR NOT EQUALL.
    please help me!!!!!!
    I have following instruction from here but I dont know how to solve this problem