Install XP on the new tx2500 (tx2524ca in this case)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by forrestsun, Jun 30, 2008.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

if you're using a stock xp pro disk then the bluescreens mean you need to add the relevant sata drivers.

Use nlite and reburn the disk adding the drivers found here which you will need to extract.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Jeo

Jeo Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried this on TX2590(eo)? I have tried and got "few" BSoD.. I will post guide later if I got the right recipe..

Edit: '0' was missing

Edit 2:

Sata driver and pre-OEM option->disabled. Everything works fine. most of things worked out-of-box but still some tuning needed. But it works. Vista recovery disk + EasyBCD and dual-boot is ready. Still need to install linux (ubuntu and/or mandriva) and everything is ready to rock and roll..

3. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently got a TX2513cl and wanted to goto XP for program issues.
    But when I try to load XP setup, it goes pear shaped.
    Comes up to the "Press any key to boot from cd" prompt, do so; then it takes a couple minutes to do....something, HD access light flashes all the while, then blue screen 'o death, Stop 0x0000007B error.

Don't even get to the point to tell setup to install third party drivers. Tried slipstreaming several types of xp all with the same freeze result.

Help would greatly be appreciated.

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

You slipstreamed several types of xp? that makes no sense. You need to slipstream the sata / raid driver for the tx2500.

There are a ton of similar posts on the site, please search before posting.

5. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

OEM, upgrade, tablet edition sp1 and 2. With items I got linked from this site.
    should I just have tacked my problem onto the other peoples?

6. DRTigerlilly

first of all why would you slipstream various types of xp?
    as kpvic mentioned you need to slipstream or add the sata driver to the installation either manually via floppy disk drive during installation or using nlite & burn a new disk.

Please note that if you are using a torrented version of the OS, that you can experience bluescreening issues, do the presence of previous SATA drivers. Also note that we do not support the use of illegal torrents of licensed software on this forum.

And we prefer to keep torrents that are on the same theme w/in the same thread for coherence.

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

7. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

Why did I try different versions? Because One wouldn't work, so I'd try another. As well as I had legal access to all them due to my occupation--I never mentioned anything illegal.

And I know how to do an SATA install, I've done it with my gateway cx210x.
    I'm saying that during this process, it doesn't even give me the chance to install said drivers via floppy or likewise. It just locks up on the black "press any key to boot from cd" screen then straight to the bluescreen. Doesn't even attempt to start the windows installer.

As for merging the threads, I was talked down to last time I did that--maybe my problem just wasn't as similar as I thought it was--so I wanted to avoid it this time, hence why I asked after it was pointed out to me. Sorry

8. DRTigerlilly

so you tried slipstreaming the drivers and it failed? the installation stopping at the press any key to boot from cd?

I don't know what previous thread your mentioning, but normally in terms of what tablet pc should i buy, we prefer users start a new thread, since their needs might be slightly different and we can make better recommendations tailored to them, but re other threads if they're similar or have already been asked, we'd prefer them together.

I never said you were using torrents i mentioned it as a possible reason why, there are alot of users on our site that have gone that route, and it has to be mentioned.

9. Graeth

Graeth Pen Pal - Newbie

My bad, jumped the gun with that apparently. Apologies. I guess I can see how a version like that would be capable of causing a lot of problems.

But yes, after hitting a key to boot from the CD. It just stays on the black screen that has the prompt. The CD spins up and down several times, the HD light flashes sporadically. then after several minutes, it goes to the error screen, doesn't enter the setup where it asks you to install 3rd party drivers if need be like Im used to.

10. DRTigerlilly

ok here's where i'm not clear, you can't do the manual install via floppy disk for the sata driver install, but have you tried adding the drivers via nlite? which would require burning a new disk. i'm sorry if my question seems repetitive but i'm still not clear.